Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theRAMman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2012
The Moon.
I know there have been many threads about screen recorders, but i couldn't find one which tackled the problem i'm facing.

I need a screen recorder that can record duel audio (aka my turtle beach microphone and the computer audio) and is preferably free (but an can pay if i have to). All the free options ive tried have either covered the screen in bloody watermarks or have produced terrible quality audio and video. Screeny looked nice but there in no info on the website about audio. Thanks for any help.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I use Screenflow - highly recommended.
It's in the Mac App Store.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I need a screen recorder that can capture computer audio and microphone input audio (which is why I can't use quicktime)
Your problem is mixing two separate audio input streams on the fly, which most programs aren't going to do.
You may have to use something like Audio Hijack to combine the audio separately.

Otherwise: I suppose recording the computer audio directly from the mic is unacceptable?

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I know there have been many threads about screen recorders, but i couldn't find one which tackled the problem i'm facing.

I need a screen recorder that can record duel audio (aka my turtle beach microphone and the computer audio) and is preferably free (but an can pay if i have to). All the free options ive tried have either covered the screen in bloody watermarks or have produced terrible quality audio and video. Screeny looked nice but there in no info on the website about audio. Thanks for any help.

Screenflow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.