Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:57 AM   #1
dingdongbubble
macrumors 6502a

Are superphones worth the money for the university crowd?

I'm wondering, if a person can get a mid level cheap phone say $250-400 and that phone does web browsing, texting, twitter, Facebook, YouTube, email decently then is the extra cost of a superphone like an iPhone 5 worth it? I'm a university student and have missed out on the app revolution and all that because I've been using a BlackBerry all this time. Now its time to upgrade so I'm trying to figure out if an iPhone 5 would be worth it.

I asked a friend who upgraded from a BlackBerry to an iPhone 5 what she does on it regularly. She replied with very basic things like the stuff I listed above and just a few extra apps like for basketball scores. For me the high cost of an iPhone would not be worth it for the tasks she was doing.

But do students with iPhones have anything special like snapchat going on that I would miss out on if I didnt get an iPhone? What do you think?
dingdongbubble is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone