Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Just like the tittle says. I am contemplating switching to verizon from AT&T iPhone 5. I have an iPhone 5 on AT&T but I get a better price on verizon. Am I going to regret it. I have no complains on AT&T at all. I heard verizon LTE is a lot faster. Thank u.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Just like the tittle says. I am contemplating switching to verizon from AT&T iPhone 5. I have an iPhone 5 on AT&T but I get a better price on verizon. Am I going to regret it. I have no complains on AT&T at all. I heard verizon LTE is a lot faster. Thank u.

I dunno... in Phoenix, Every time I have done side by side speed tests with VZW and AT&T on LTE, AT&T smokes Verizon every time speed wise. But Verizon will get you more coverage area..

skasol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I dunno... in Phoenix, Every time I have done side by side speed tests with VZW and AT&T on LTE, AT&T smokes Verizon every time speed wise. But Verizon will get you more coverage area..

Thank u for your feedback. I heard that verizon has bad coverage, that didn't make sense to me because everyone else states verizon has better coverage. My friend was having a hard time connecting to the net and everything.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Yeah AT&T seems to have higher LTE data speeds in most places from what I've seen. Verizon just has better LTE coverage but it seems weak in buildings from my experience.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Yeah AT&T seems to have higher LTE data speeds in most places from what I've seen. Verizon just has better LTE coverage but it seems weak in buildings from my experience.

Thank u.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
My AT&T iPad 3 gets slower LTE speeds than my Verizon iPhone 5 in irvine, Tustin areas of Orange County.

I've seen better Verizon coverage and speeds in my area based on friends iPhones.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
My AT&T iPad 3 gets slower LTE speeds than my Verizon iPhone 5 in irvine, Tustin areas of Orange County.

I've seen better Verizon coverage and speeds in my area based on friends iPhones.

Thank you for that input. I may just bite the bullet and do the verizon.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I'm in WeHo right now... Verizon does have okish coverage.. it's just slow. AT&T is faster.

Scrub175

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2012
Port St Lucie FL
What is your current data limit on AT&T? If unlimited I would really evaluate switching carriers.

When comparing the two carriers you have speed, coverage, and functionality. Speed seems to favor AT&T. Coverage (LTE network size) Verizon. The AT&T iPhone will also have simultaneous surf and talk... Verizon iPhone 5 does not offer the functionality. So do the carrier differences justify the price point each one costs?

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
Also remember that if you frequently use data while on a call, you can't do that on Verizon. I'm no fan of AT&T, but that's one feature that keeps me from switching because I often access the internet while talking to someone.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I'm in WeHo right now... Verizon does have okish coverage.. it's just slow. AT&T is faster.

Thank u. I live in Santa Monica

----------

What is your current data limit on AT&T? If unlimited I would really evaluate switching carriers.

When comparing the two carriers you have speed, coverage, and functionality. Speed seems to favor AT&T. Coverage (LTE network size) Verizon. The AT&T iPhone will also have simultaneous surf and talk... Verizon iPhone 5 does not offer the functionality. So do the carrier differences justify the price point each one costs?

I don't have unlimited with At&t.

----------

Also remember that if you frequently use data while on a call, you can't do that on Verizon. I'm no fan of AT&T, but that's one feature that keeps me from switching because I often access the internet while talking to someone.

I don't find myself doing this very much. but thank you for the great input.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
How are you getting a better price on verizon? Fan discount?
Cause verizon is generally more expensive than any other US carrier.

Not FAN, a different one. Not allow to discuss. But it's about $50 with 7gb data hotspot included.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Hey so I went ahead and switched to verizon. I wanted to come back to the original thread and let everyone know about my experience. Well. I love it. My call quality is great, my Internet speed oh my god. Too good to explain.
rasenyjy.jpg

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Hey so I went ahead and switched to verizon. I wanted to come back to the original thread and let everyone know about my experience. Well. I love it. My call quality is great, my Internet speed oh my god. Too good to explain. Image

awesome! Glad to hear it all worked out. Having reliable fast LTE is just too cool.

Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.