Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Rana12345
macrumors newbie

Unhappy MacBook won't boot, black screen, no chime

Hey guys, I'd like to hear opinions.
Here's my story...

I had an accident with a MacBook 13.3'' white, namely, I spilled a tea with honey on it. It was approx. 1 and a half years ago.
When it happened, I unplugged it from power source, removed the battery, turned it upside down and so on and so forth. Long story short - it did not work, I thought it was dead. Still, I brought it to Apple-authorized repair shop, they cleaned logic board with ultrasound (?!), replaced the keyboard with a new one and my MacBook was revived!(Though, the repairman did not promise anything..) Everything worked except the battery...
So I used it for 5 months or so with no problems at all.
Then I went on vacation and left my Macbook at home, I did not use it for a month. After my return I tried to turn it on but with no success.
There was actually a chime sound at the beginning (when I first attempted to turn it on), but not anymore. The screen just flickers a bit before going black, there is no chime sound, but the little (white) light is on. I think I can also hear CD/DVD drive buzzing. Once I got fans working (IDK how...)
I already gave it up and got my BF's old PC, so MacBook stood there dead on the desk for months.
So there was another attempt after a while - and it worked (!!), I managed to get the most important files on my external drive!! Yeah, but my joy was short-lived, because it went to sleep, and did not wake up
Now I try to turn it on once in a while, but with no success. Did it die?
The little white light still turns on, there is still this humming from DVD drive, something happens, but it won't boot.
So I thought maybe there still is residue from honey, or maybe some connections corroded while I was on vacation?!
What do you think, is there any chance that I could reanimate (say...clean the mobo again) my MacBook? Or should I let it go...

Thanks! Any answer will be appreciated!

R.
Rana12345 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:09 PM   #2
suclearnub
macrumors member

You should go to the Apple Store, a buy a new one.
Put your hard drive into an external closure, and copy files onto your shiny new Mac.
suclearnub is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook