Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:04 AM   #1
macbeliever
macrumors member

Can't Open Any Office Apps After Installing 2011

I'm running 10.8.2

I have Microsoft Office 2008 and it open fine.

Installed Microsoft Office 2011 and here's what I get when I try to to an app

Anyone dealt with and fixed this yet?

Macbook Pro iPhone 5 magic mouse airport
macbeliever is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:38 PM   #2
saberahul
macrumors 68040

I had that when I first installed it. Just do a full delete of it (search the forums on how to delete fully) and reinstall after a reboot. Fixed it for me. If you're lazy and don't feel like searching the forums, AppCleaner may be able to help you delete all the plist files associated with the apps.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:03 AM   #3
AnnapolisKen
macrumors newbie

Same error message, not responding to a complete delete and reinstall

I received my new iMac in mid December, and I used the Migration Assistant to move everything. Unsurprisingly, MS Office failed to work. I paid MS another $12 so I could download a new copy of MS Office 2011 and tried installing it. Installation succeeded, but every time I opened a Word or Excel file, it crashed.

I deleted Office from both iMacs, old and new, including all of the MS files hidden everywhere. Reinstalled but the same thing happens. Deleted everything, including the downloaded disk image, downloaded it again, and reinstalled.

Same result--crash!

I have no idea what to try next. My wife is beginning to doubt my technical expertise. I've tried to mollify her with OpenOffice and Pages, but she is getting frustrated and angry. Any ideas on what to try? Please save my marriage!
AnnapolisKen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
microsoft office 2011