Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:05 PM   #1
skasol
macrumors 6502

Thinking of switching to verizon from att iPhone 5 in Los Angeles.

Just like the tittle says. I am contemplating switching to verizon from AT&T iPhone 5. I have an iPhone 5 on AT&T but I get a better price on verizon. Am I going to regret it. I have no complains on AT&T at all. I heard verizon LTE is a lot faster. Thank u.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:09 PM   #2
1080p
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by skasol View Post
Just like the tittle says. I am contemplating switching to verizon from AT&T iPhone 5. I have an iPhone 5 on AT&T but I get a better price on verizon. Am I going to regret it. I have no complains on AT&T at all. I heard verizon LTE is a lot faster. Thank u.
I dunno... in Phoenix, Every time I have done side by side speed tests with VZW and AT&T on LTE, AT&T smokes Verizon every time speed wise. But Verizon will get you more coverage area..
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:11 PM   #3
skasol
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
I dunno... in Phoenix, Every time I have done side by side speed tests with VZW and AT&T on LTE, AT&T smokes Verizon every time speed wise. But Verizon will get you more coverage area..
Thank u for your feedback. I heard that verizon has bad coverage, that didn't make sense to me because everyone else states verizon has better coverage. My friend was having a hard time connecting to the net and everything.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:36 PM   #4
CEmajr
macrumors 68020

Yeah AT&T seems to have higher LTE data speeds in most places from what I've seen. Verizon just has better LTE coverage but it seems weak in buildings from my experience.
CEmajr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:51 PM   #5
skasol
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEmajr View Post
Yeah AT&T seems to have higher LTE data speeds in most places from what I've seen. Verizon just has better LTE coverage but it seems weak in buildings from my experience.
Thank u.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:01 PM   #6
pat park
macrumors 6502a

My AT&T iPad 3 gets slower LTE speeds than my Verizon iPhone 5 in irvine, Tustin areas of Orange County.

I've seen better Verizon coverage and speeds in my area based on friends iPhones.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:05 PM   #7
skasol
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat park View Post
My AT&T iPad 3 gets slower LTE speeds than my Verizon iPhone 5 in irvine, Tustin areas of Orange County.

I've seen better Verizon coverage and speeds in my area based on friends iPhones.
Thank you for that input. I may just bite the bullet and do the verizon.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:22 PM   #8
ct2k7
macrumors 603

I'm in WeHo right now... Verizon does have okish coverage.. it's just slow. AT&T is faster.
ct2k7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:30 PM   #9
Scrub175
macrumors Demi-God

What is your current data limit on AT&T? If unlimited I would really evaluate switching carriers.

When comparing the two carriers you have speed, coverage, and functionality. Speed seems to favor AT&T. Coverage (LTE network size) Verizon. The AT&T iPhone will also have simultaneous surf and talk... Verizon iPhone 5 does not offer the functionality. So do the carrier differences justify the price point each one costs?
Scrub175 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:36 PM   #10
Mliii
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Mliii Send a message via Yahoo to Mliii Send a message via Skype™ to Mliii
Also remember that if you frequently use data while on a call, you can't do that on Verizon. I'm no fan of AT&T, but that's one feature that keeps me from switching because I often access the internet while talking to someone.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:38 PM   #11
skasol
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct2k7 View Post
I'm in WeHo right now... Verizon does have okish coverage.. it's just slow. AT&T is faster.
Thank u. I live in Santa Monica

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub175 View Post
What is your current data limit on AT&T? If unlimited I would really evaluate switching carriers.

When comparing the two carriers you have speed, coverage, and functionality. Speed seems to favor AT&T. Coverage (LTE network size) Verizon. The AT&T iPhone will also have simultaneous surf and talk... Verizon iPhone 5 does not offer the functionality. So do the carrier differences justify the price point each one costs?

I don't have unlimited with At&t.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mliii View Post
Also remember that if you frequently use data while on a call, you can't do that on Verizon. I'm no fan of AT&T, but that's one feature that keeps me from switching because I often access the internet while talking to someone.
I don't find myself doing this very much. but thank you for the great input.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:39 PM   #12
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

How are you getting a better price on verizon? Fan discount?
Cause verizon is generally more expensive than any other US carrier.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:43 PM   #13
skasol
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
How are you getting a better price on verizon? Fan discount?
Cause verizon is generally more expensive than any other US carrier.
Not FAN, a different one. Not allow to discuss. But it's about $50 with 7gb data hotspot included.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:51 PM   #14
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Thumbs up

Quote:
Not FAN, a different one. Not allow to discuss. But it's about $50 with 7gb data hotspot included.
Nice.
That's a pretty sweet deal.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:03 PM   #15
skasol
macrumors 6502

Hey so I went ahead and switched to verizon. I wanted to come back to the original thread and let everyone know about my experience. Well. I love it. My call quality is great, my Internet speed oh my god. Too good to explain.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:21 PM   #16
pat park
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Hey so I went ahead and switched to verizon. I wanted to come back to the original thread and let everyone know about my experience. Well. I love it. My call quality is great, my Internet speed oh my god. Too good to explain. Image
awesome! Glad to hear it all worked out. Having reliable fast LTE is just too cool.

Enjoy!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone