Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:40 PM   #26
mudslag
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenzen View Post
My wife aches (yes, aches) over the fact that our region does not have a Trader Joes. The nearest is at least a 4 hour drive south.

I, on the other hand, have never felt the attraction. Every time I walk into one—and we will this Thanksgiving holiday—I leave wondering what all the fuss is about.

Give me a Whole Foods any day.

OMG. Did you see that cheese counter?!

my wife also loves both Trader Joes and Whole foods. I have a number of things I like to get from Trader Joes, cereal is one of the best things to get from there. The boxes are full, less crap goes into them and they are cheaper then their name brand counter parts. They have the good ones to like frosted flakes, honey nut cheerios and frosted mini wheats. A great simple dinner to get from there as well is the soft pretzel rolls and the BBQ pulled pork. 5 min dinner and it's fraking awesome tasting.

And they have a decent pick your own 6 pack beer selection. Their Trader Josť is like Corona but IMO better tasting then Corona itself.

Last edited by mudslag; Nov 25, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
mudslag is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:47 PM   #27
spork183
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenzen View Post
Social issue.

which is different, but similar to a social disease...
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:37 PM   #28
spork183
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerrobot View Post
My trader Joe's (there's another 2 within driving distance) usually has those stocked until well past the holidays. PM if you need them that badly - I'll grab what I can.
Found them in stock. Bought a glut of them in early December. Hoarded them like an alcoholic's whiskey stash. Still have boxes sitting around the kitchen. Once sated, they lose their allure... Maybe I should try the Baked Alaska.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues