Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:53 PM   #1
madeinukraine
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exclamation iPhone 4 on 4.3.3 trying to upgrade to 5.1.1

Hey guys, I've been trying to upgrade to 5.1.1 from 4.3.3 while preserving baseband. I am on jailbroken 4.3.3 and want to upgrade to 5.1.1 jailbroken. I am using gevey to unlock my phone at the moment. I have made a custom IPSW using redsnow and snowbreeze and I get error 3194 when trying to restore using both of the custom IPSW. I have edited the host file, when I delete everything apple related I get the 3194 error, when I leave only "74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com", I get error 1604. Im stuck and dont know what to do. I baught a IMEI unlock but I'm not sure if the seller is reliable so I want to preserve baseband just in case. IMEI requires you to restore and I just feel helpless
madeinukraine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Do you have shsh blobs saved for that i4 for iOS version 5.1.1?
If yes did you stitch those blobs to the custom ipsw you created? Did you put your iphone in pwned DFU before trying to restore to the custom no_bb 5.1.1ipsw with the stitched blobs?
If you missed or not sure about any of that stuff then it wont work.
If you bought an imei unlock for it and the seller said its done then good chances are its unlocked now.
You can always install SAM from cydia to deactivate the phone and then plug it to itunes to activate it again to see if it gives you the congradulations your iphone is unlocked message.
Have a happy new year.

Last edited by Applejuiced; Jan 1, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:07 PM   #3
madeinukraine
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Do you have shsh blobs saved for that i4 for iOS version 5.1.1?
If yes did you stitch those blobs to the custom ipsw you created? Did you put your iphone in pwned DFU before trying to restore to the custom no_bb 5.1.1ipsw with the stitched blobs?
If you missed or not sure about any of that stuff then it wont work.
If you bought an imei unlock for it and the seller said its done then good chances are its unlocked now.
You can always install SAM from cydia to deactivate the phone and then plug it to itunes to activate it again to see if it gives you the congradulations your iphone is unlocked message.
Have a happy new year.
Thanks for the fast reply!
I do have the shsh but I dont know how to stitch them to the no_bb IPSW.
Can you help me with this?
& yes I pwned DFU before I tried to restore to no_bb
madeinukraine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:14 PM   #4
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes, you just open up the latest redsnow again and go to extras/even more/restore/ click ipsw and select the 5.1.1 firmware and then right below it says blobs. Select "use remote blobs for restore" and it will pull them for you automatically from cydias blob server and create the custom 5.1.1 with those blobs unique for that iphone 4.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:29 PM   #5
madeinukraine
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Yes, you just open up the latest redsnow again and go to extras/even more/restore/ click ipsw and select the 5.1.1 firmware and then right below it says blobs. Select "use remote blobs for restore" and it will pull them for you automatically from cydias blob server and create the custom 5.1.1 with those blobs unique for that iphone 4.
You are awesome! I am on 5.1.1 and the IMEI is working just fine! Now I can use redsnow to jailbreak correct?
madeinukraine is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:09 PM   #6
madeinukraine
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinukraine View Post
You are awesome! I am on 5.1.1 and the IMEI is working just fine! Now I can use redsnow to jailbreak correct?
For everyone stuck on 3194 or 1604 error try creating custom IPSW with redsnow and stitching the shsh blobs to the custom IPSW you created, all in redsnow.
madeinukraine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:03 PM   #7
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Thumbs up

Yep, you're good.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:51 PM   #8
madeinukraine
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Yep, you're good.
Now I just need to do this to my moms phone but Im having trouble with the 3194 again
I couldnt stitch the blobs because the phone didnt have blobs for 5.1.1 on Apple or Cydia servers.
I put the phone in pwned DFU and try to restore to custom IPSW and I cant do it. She has a new bootrom 3gs on 4.1 jailbroken.
madeinukraine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:53 PM   #9
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinukraine View Post
Now I just need to do this to my moms phone but Im having trouble with the 3194 again
I couldnt stitch the blobs because the phone didnt have blobs for 5.1.1 on Apple or Cydia servers.
I put the phone in pwned DFU and try to restore to custom IPSW and I cant do it. She has a new bootrom 3gs on 4.1 jailbroken.
If there is no blobs saved for it then you can never restore it to that version.
You're stuck having to go to the latest 6.0.1 or leave it as is on 4.1
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:08 PM   #10
spyguy10709
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinukraine View Post
Now I just need to do this to my moms phone but Im having trouble with the 3194 again
I couldnt stitch the blobs because the phone didnt have blobs for 5.1.1 on Apple or Cydia servers.
I put the phone in pwned DFU and try to restore to custom IPSW and I cant do it. She has a new bootrom 3gs on 4.1 jailbroken.
If it's jailbroken on 4.1 there has to be at least 1 5.X blob on cydia. Run TinyUmbrella to get a list of firmwares she can run (use "Fetch SHSH"). Then just restore to any of the 5.X firmwares she has blobs for.
__________________
Last edited by spyguy10709; Tomorrow at 07:10 AM.
spyguy10709 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you have an AT&T early iPhone upgrade? Check to see if today is a full upgrade... POLBOSS iPhone 0 Nov 23, 2013 02:40 PM
POLL: iPhone 5S is worth the upgrade over iPhone 5: help me with my decision MrXiro iPhone 27 Sep 27, 2013 07:38 PM
iPhone 3GS upgrade to new iOS 6 is locked the iPhone raghunk iPhone 1 Nov 28, 2012 12:03 PM
iPhone 4 SOLD. Do I upgrade or buy next gen iPhone sim free!? StuartMoore iPhone 17 Aug 15, 2012 04:07 AM
Will iOS 6 and the next gen iphone be 'worth' the upgrade for an iPhone 4s User? superstrongboy iPhone 17 Jun 14, 2012 08:16 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC