Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pngwyn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
So I know the new imacs are available to ship in January, if I order now will they charge my card immediately or once its being prepared to ship?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
So I know the new imacs are available to ship in January, if I order now will they charge my card immediately or once its being prepared to ship?
Usually when it's shipped, but I would be prepared for the charge to hit at any time after you order.

sarah1623

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Usually when it's shipped, but I would be prepared for the charge to hit at any time after you order.

+1

A hold for the full amount was put on my card before it shipped so it's best to have the funds available. The hold went away after a week or so.
My card was officially charged when it shipped.

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California
Apple ran a "Pending" charge against my cc over the weekend of Dec 1 & 2.

That pending charge came off my cc by Tuesday December 4. The only charge that went through with my order was for AppleCare.

I received my iMac on Thursday December 13, and it was several days (it may have been the following Monday) before the iMac charge appeared on my CC.

Once during the "Processing items" stage, the Apple charge appeared AGAIN on my cc under "Pending" but then went away.

Apple, any vendor for that matter, wants to know that they will be able to collect their payment prior to shipping the order. ;)

kaelell

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
my status on the order is preparing for shipment and strangely I still haven't been charged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.