Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:34 PM   #1
Dduval
macrumors member

Boot camp installed, adding external ssd

I searched and could not find an answer. I currently have boot camp, win 7 installed and mountain lion on my main internal drive.

I plan on adding an external thunderbolt ssd and using this as my osx boot drive.

My question is do I need to remove boot camp from my main internal hard drive? Once I get the external ssd setup, I'm just going to use the internal for storage...

Wasn't sure if I could still boot into win 7 (on internal drive) with osx on an external drive...?

Thanks in advance...
Dduval is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 06:38 AM   #2
eeclipse16
macrumors member

I don't see why you couldn't boot into windows 7.
eeclipse16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:01 PM   #3
Dduval
macrumors member

Thank you for replying...
Dduval is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 06:30 PM   #4
220hertz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dduval View Post
I searched and could not find an answer. I currently have boot camp, win 7 installed and mountain lion on my main internal drive.

I plan on adding an external thunderbolt ssd and using this as my osx boot drive.

My question is do I need to remove boot camp from my main internal hard drive? Once I get the external ssd setup, I'm just going to use the internal for storage...

Wasn't sure if I could still boot into win 7 (on internal drive) with osx on an external drive...?

Thanks in advance...
I'm planning on going with this setup as well. If you get this configuration up and running, I'd like to know the results.
220hertz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac