Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:04 PM   #1
maddawoo
macrumors newbie

early 2009 Mac Mini to LG HDTV

Ok, I have read A LOT about getting my early 2009 mac mini connected to my hdtv but so far I have had limited success. If I connect the mac mini via DVI to VGA to my HDTV it works just fine but I want to connect via MDP to HDMI and that's where the problem begins.

I purchased a Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable(s) which says on box that it works with the mac mini - - and before you tell me, YES, I know there is NO AUDIO output on the MDP and/or DVI until the 2010 macs, I'll deal with that later, right now I'm just trying to get a picture! - - anyway, when I plug it all in, my HDTV get absolutely no signal from the mac mini. And when I go into the display settings, the mac mini says there is only one display connected and that's my monitor.

What am I doing wrong???? I tested the Belkin HDMI cable and it works fine. I am beginning to wonder if my MDP on my mac mini is bad since there is no signal coming from it. Any ideas????
maddawoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater