Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ruffian829

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
I'm trying to re-arrange songs (or delete and re-add songs) in a movie clip in iMovie 11. i tried the clip--> arrange music tracks but it will not let me re-arrange the tracks. Alternatively I can't figure out a way to delete the audio tracks I added so that I can re-add them in a different order.

Any suggestions?

ewartjohn11

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
If it is still in a project format, then you should be able to click on each different audio file and either move it, or delete it. If you exported it, and are now putting that back into iMovie, then you're going to need to mute the audio (where needed) and put in the audio you want. Hope this helped

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I'm trying to re-arrange songs (or delete and re-add songs) in a movie clip in iMovie 11. i tried the clip--> arrange music tracks but it will not let me re-arrange the tracks. Alternatively I can't figure out a way to delete the audio tracks I added so that I can re-add them in a different order.

Any suggestions?

To delete a audio track right click, show the track, then press command delete.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
In Project Library, click on the clip you dont want, right click, delete.

Its always worth marking your clip in the Event Library as Favourite, create your clip and then click on the Star symbol above. This will put a green line along the top of your clip so you can quickly renavigate back to it, select it and reinsert it into your Project Library if needed.

Once a clip has been placed into your Project, an orange line will appear running along the bottom of the clip.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.