Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 1, 2013, 09:25 PM   #1
kidwei
macrumors regular

Late-2012 27" iMac backlight bleeding

Copied from a post I made in another thread. I think I have one significant instance of backlight bleed on my iMac screen, which is pretty distracting only in certain situations. I'm wary of returning for the risk of getting an even worse panel.

here's my imac's screen at half brightness, though it looks pretty similar at full brightness.. the light bleed from the corners is pretty acceptable to my eyes.. and i think that might actually not be backlight bleeding bc it goes away at certain angles. what really bothers me is the bleed at the left side of the bottom edge, which diffuses up a light cloud about 4-5 inches upwards. The next pic is around half brightness.

this creates some ugliness in dark scenes.. mainly for movies and gaming.. in normal "desktop" use, i rarely notice it.. again, in the next picture, ignore the corner brightness, i don't find that to be an issue at most angles.. This pic I believe is at full brightness.

Most of the time I'm satisfied with the screen. I don't do too much gaming on my iMac.. and I don't watch any movies other than YouTube on it... so.. to me this bothers me more because I paid so much for this computer.

I feel like I've also seen much worse examples of bleed on this forum and don't want to make too big an issue out of it.. thoughts on my panel?
kidwei is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac