Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dreamerdonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Bangladesh
Recently I have a problem. My nephew put a scratch on my iPad. So I want to put a protective cover on it. I really have no idea how much it will cost me and which product is good (by the way I search google to find out a good one and there are thousands of product :eek: ). So help me out. Thanks in advance.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
This is why I always use a screen protector

This guy wants to put a protector over the scratch

If I didn't have a screen protector & I got a scratch on the screen , that would drive me crazy
I would focus on the scratch every time I looked at the screen
And I don't think apple would replace an ipad over a scratch on the screen after a month ?

So I always get a screen protector , the same week I get the device
Plus sometimes I resell the ipad if I like the newer one next year
Is as good as new out the box

Oh and to answer your question , since your new at this it's probably better if you have somebody else do it for you, go with ghost armor find a kiosk around your location
Check there site

Go for the full body

Edit : are we talking about screen protectors or cases ?

jrtdot

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2012
I've got a cheaper one with a full case, even though its cheap it does the job and it helps ease my mind on things

App King

macrumors member
May 1, 2012
I say shop at amazon and sort it out with the ones with the best reviews. You prob end up spending less than $20 or so.

RWil85

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
One that you should NOT buy is the Belkin Snap Shield - put one on the back of my iPad 2 and the corners had spiderweb cracking within 2 days. The fit was so tight that I believe this was simply due to the installation.

The Caudabe looks exactly the same as my Speck Smart Shell. I picked up the Speck in a smoky charcoal color - can still see the Apple logo through it, nice touch. Works perfectly with a Smart Cover.

Just wanted to provide another good option for people interested.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.