Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Just saw the new DRACO line, Elegance series. Seems to be the same, brighter and different colors. Don't get me wrong. I love my Midnight Blue. My only complaint is that its too thin and would have liked a thicker bumper. Doesn't even feel like you're holding a phone. Hard to hold. Would also iike to see DRACO come up with a rigid carbon fiber plate. Maybe the new line will be thicker.

Bleh5

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Love the comments I receive on the case, and that's the main reason I'm still using it even with the LTE hit. I second the question on what change in profile would help with that?

Also, anyone come across a dock that will work with the Draco V?

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
The lightening dock. Adjustable. Uses Apples lightening connector which works with the DRACO. Or you can make your own.

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
There is a video review. I saw it awhile back. The connector slides into a groove and is held in place by a screw. They show it flush, but if you raise the connector about an 1/8 of inch, it will fit the DRACO.

Paik4Life

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
I got mine and it definitely takes hits on wifi and LTE. I'm in the DC area with strong LTE though so even with the hit, I'm still getting over 7 Mbps so it's fine for me. When I go into weaker areas though it jumps to 4G (HSPA+) and even then it's okay. All-in-all happy with the purchase.

I have the Elevation Dock and it works with the case on. It barely fits in width-wise and the connector on the dock has variable depth so it works fine with the Draco V. The OCDock should work as well since it has a spring-loaded bottom, but since it's not released yet, we can't know for sure. I'll let you know when I get the OCDock.

~Paik

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Still can't figure out the signal hits. I'm in Old Bridge, NJ, which is not the greatest of signals. As I stated before, occasionally lose 1 bar. Also gone to 3G but right back to LTE. VZW. WiFi strong 4 bars constantly at home with Airport and Optimum. With all the hype about signal loss, I have NEVER dropped a call or had any problems. Fine even in mall or supermarket.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Ah damn...well I got my graphite gray in the mail this week and it made LTE go crazy :( The case didn't even make it the next morning. It made my LTE coverage, which was 3/4 bars in my apt, go to about 1 bar then drop right to 4G. Even then the connection wasn't active it felt like. I live in a pretty big city too.

For a case so stunning (no pics would prove it), I was shocked to see how uncomfortable it felt to hold :rolleyes: The volume rocker and home buttons had the best tactile feedback and was simply amazing to use.

I really wish I didn't have to send this back. Such a shame because it's the best looking case I've wrapped on the iPhone 5

DSC_1264_zps1400c381.jpg

DSC_1267_zps7223e331.jpg

DSC_1279-1_zpsb2426e8e.jpg

shin93

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Hello guys, sorry to bump this old thread, but i just happened to lose ALL of my Draco 5 screws...so i'm screwed.
Anyone knows what type of screw they use? is it available in my local hardware store? or is it a Draco specific screw?

Thanks!

calibrationx

macrumors member
May 7, 2012
Yep, I bought the case used and it didn't come with the silent switch. Emailed them and they sent out a set right away. Excellent service.

shin93

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Send a email to them, they will mail it for free

yep i did it and they said they will give free screws but want me to transfer $15 shipping fee to Indonesia :rolleyes: luckily my friend got the same case too so i took his spare screws :D hahaha

redlinux

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2013
Can somebody, with a recent purchase of this case, provide feedback with the the bumper intefering with the iPhone 5S' signal strength? I want to buy this and the previous post wayback January 2013 described that it brought the signal from 3 bars to 1.

Please! I want to hear some feedback. :)

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Can somebody, with a recent purchase of this case, provide feedback with the the bumper intefering with the iPhone 5S' signal strength? I want to buy this and the previous post wayback January 2013 described that it brought the signal from 3 bars to 1.

Please! I want to hear some feedback. :)

If it's solid aluminum and it covers the entire phone it WILL have an affect. YMMV but in low reception areas it will kill the phone most likely. good luck.

redlinux

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2013
If it's solid aluminum and it covers the entire phone it WILL have an affect. YMMV but in low reception areas it will kill the phone most likely. good luck.

It's a "bumper" as oppose to a "case". Thanks for the input but, as I've said, I would like to hear feedback from people who actually have/is using it.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
It's a "bumper" as oppose to a "case". Thanks for the input but, as I've said, I would like to hear feedback from people who actually have/is using it.

yeah, the "bumper" covers the entire "phone".... As the "bumper" your asking about does. So YES it WILL affect your reception to some degree. IF you're standing next to a cell tower you'll be fine. IF you're in a basement of a jail you will most likely have issues. Some have described wife issues with THIS "BUMPER" because it cover the entire phone....

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
i would not buy draco, I bought an origainal draco from a local authorised dealer...I use my phone gently after a couple of months basically the black coating was coming off ALL the edges.. any edge you can see no matter how weirdly angled the paint/coating was coming off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.