Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tills24

macrumors regular
May 10, 2010
I went from an early 2012 iPad (the "3") to a mini, and I love it. The size of the mini trumps everything else. Next to each other the mini screen isn't as good, but the size of the mini outweighs the lack of retina, to me.

Hamburger

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
buy one instead of creating headaches for yourself. you could already be playing with it. its fantastic. and btw: my ipad1 didn't die when the updates came, and there will always be a better ipad. so what. enjoy yours!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I'm always amused when people claim that Apple will surely raise prices when they haven't done this historically. The iPad has remained at the same price point since it's introduction, what makes you think this would change for the mini? Before you mention the retina display, remember that Apple did NOT raise the price on either the iPhone or the iPad when they introduced the retina display on those models.

No way it comes out in March for $329 since the mini is currently selling very well. I guess I could have worded my post better. They COULD drop the price of the current mini but why do that in March? Were the other iPads selling as well when a new one was released?

That is my two cents, worth as much as any others.

----------

Ipad mini 2 price will not change. Apple already charged the retina screen cost on the first Ipad mini thats why it is at $329. Some will just buy it because they can afford and some will just wait because they think the price is ridiculous.

i just think that apple has ruined their Ipod touch 5 and Ipad sales at a big chunk.

Well if the first one sold like hot cakes for $329 without retina, why sell the next one in March with retina for that price?

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
The likelihood of a new one coming out out march is 0.0%. It's not happening.

That said, the ppi on the mini is atrocious. Wait until they release a retina version (might be a few years).

after owning a mini myself, I agree with this!!!!!!

jstnlzr

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2012
Space Coast
Well to be fair, you might as well buy it, you can always buy later models, and give away the other to family member etc. iPads and lower arent really too expensive and you can buy, if you want to pay a little more every now and then, for upgrades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.