Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:41 AM   #1
lovelldr
macrumors newbie

Recover deleted file from iPod Touch 4G

Hi.

Couple of days ago, LO was playing with the iPod touch, and deleted one of the videos before we'd had chance to back it up...

So, been looking at recovering it. Mainly use a Mac, but don't know of any tools to recover with iOS, so tried with a parallels image of windows 7, and on another machine with windows xp. Neither machine see the ipod connected as a physical disk, just a digital camera. Tried a few different pieces of software to mount the disk, and thought that I had gotten somewhere with Macroplanet Phone Disk. But, because that doesn't see the ipod as a physical disk in "Manage Computer", the recover software cannot access it...

So, does anyone know the best way to recover deleted files from an iPod touch? From searching around, I cannot find a way

Secondly, is there any way to stop items being able to be deleted... iPod touch is jailbroken, so can use any third party apps if needed. But looking aorund, I cannot find a way for this either...

Problem is, that little one will press delete (accidentally), but then when there's a nice big red button that comes up asking if you want to delete, he'll click that, especially with it being bigger than the other button... And since there's no "are you sure?!", then it's gone before he's had time to even think!

Thanks again guys
lovelldr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:02 AM   #2
likethesoup2
macrumors 6502a

I don't know of any way to recover or to keep files from being deleted -- wait, actually I do know a way to keep files from being deleted: keep out of the hands of someone you don't want deleting stuff.

It's REALLY that simple.
likethesoup2 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:41 AM   #3
lovelldr
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by likethesoup2 View Post
I don't know of any way to recover or to keep files from being deleted -- wait, actually I do know a way to keep files from being deleted: keep out of the hands of someone you don't want deleting stuff.

It's REALLY that simple.
Thank you for your non-helpful answer...

Now, when someone who actually has something useful to say can reply, then I'd appreciate it. Even if it is saying that it cannot be recovered and there is no way to prevent it being deleted... The iPod is very good for little children in many ways, but sadly the way apple designed the deletion is not...
lovelldr is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 03:27 PM   #4
old-wiz
macrumors 604

Was wondering if you put the video on it with iTunes - would it still be somewhere within the iTunes folders on the computer?
old-wiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:47 AM   #5
carlocarlo
macrumors newbie

same thing happened. accidentally deleted a recorded video on ipod touch 4G.

is there any possible way to recover that deleted video? my ipod touch is not jailbraked. i wanna keep it legit.
carlocarlo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:45 AM   #6
likethesoup2
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seno Williams View Post
HI. When you accidentally lose data from iPod, firstly stop using that card. Then try using iPod recovery software to recover the deleted media files from your iPod. I have faced the same problem and used recover software and successfully retrieved all the deleted files. You can give a try for this recovery software by downloading the demo version for free. (Demo version available for both Windows and Mac OS separately)
You managed to resurrect a year old thread.

Good job.
likethesoup2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:17 AM   #7
Shamrer
macrumors newbie

If you have back up your music, you can restore from the backup.

To restore information from a backup, use one of the following methods after connecting your iOS device to the computer with which you normally sync:

Right-click (or Control-click) the device and choose Restore from Backup
If you have a new phone, you can connect to iTunes and it will prompt to restore from your backup
Shamrer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2013, 02:00 PM   #8
Am3r1ca16
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelldr View Post
Hi.

Couple of days ago, LO was playing with the iPod touch, and deleted one of the videos before we'd had chance to back it up...

So, been looking at recovering it. Mainly use a Mac, but don't know of any tools to recover with iOS, so tried with a parallels image of windows 7, and on another machine with windows xp. Neither machine see the ipod connected as a physical disk, just a digital camera. Tried a few different pieces of software to mount the disk, and thought that I had gotten somewhere with Macroplanet Phone Disk. But, because that doesn't see the ipod as a physical disk in "Manage Computer", the recover software cannot access it...

So, does anyone know the best way to recover deleted files from an iPod touch? From searching around, I cannot find a way

Secondly, is there any way to stop items being able to be deleted... iPod touch is jailbroken, so can use any third party apps if needed. But looking aorund, I cannot find a way for this either...

Problem is, that little one will press delete (accidentally), but then when there's a nice big red button that comes up asking if you want to delete, he'll click that, especially with it being bigger than the other button... And since there's no "are you sure?!", then it's gone before he's had time to even think!

Thanks again guys
did you ever get the files?
Am3r1ca16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch