Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:36 PM   #26
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by inscrewtable View Post
The the graphics card that it did have was a mobile model, no matter how you slice it.
That wasn't what the poster asked for. He said "Discrete". Don't move goalposts on me.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:03 PM   #27
inscrewtable
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWRX View Post
That wasn't what the poster asked for. He said "Discrete". Don't move goalposts on me.
Hang on.

He said, in reply to your assertion of 2011 mac mini having a radeon 630m, that he meant a desktop GPU.

And desktop clearly means in this case a non mobile model otherwise what does a 'desktop' gpu mean otherwise once he has rejected your proposed mobile model, other than a non mobile model.

That's one point where the goal post are not moved and you have been caught out.

Now a completely separate issue that also indicates your disingenuousness is your coincidental[!] reference to the 2011 mac mini, knowing full well that even the mobile gpu has been removed from the 2012 mini, ie the current model is even worse than a mobile model as it's is an integrated gpu.

And there's no way to slice your way out of this.
inscrewtable is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:14 AM   #28
toke lahti
macrumors 65816

I think biggest news for mac in 2012 was that Apple is not offering a full HD screen in matte anymore.
5matteScreen&higherRez 13" 6lightport 7another fw(through ec ok)
8 10G-ethernet 9 xMac:desktopCPU+GPU,free pci-e,2 int. hdd
toke lahti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:34 AM   #29
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by inscrewtable View Post
Hang on.

He said, in reply...
You hang on right there. "In reply" the goalposts were already moving. His initial point, to which I replied 100% factually was that he'd like a Mini with discrete graphics. I told him the previous gen already had it.

That's it. Everything after that was goalpost moving.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:56 AM   #30
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by windels View Post
Any word on what will happen with the price of a macbook pro when they are going to integrate the product line?
It seems to me that the lower price is the main selling point of the non-retina. I imagine Apple likes having that price point, and so they'll be nixing the non-retina as soon as they can sell the retina at those price points and still have a comfortable margin.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:15 AM   #31
windels
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
It seems to me that the lower price is the main selling point of the non-retina. I imagine Apple likes having that price point, and so they'll be nixing the non-retina as soon as they can sell the retina at those price points and still have a comfortable margin.
I was hoping for someone to say that
windels is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion