Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

webitorgal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
We use Airport Extreme as our router and for one particular website, we are getting this message in Firefox:

The connection has timed out

The server at _____.com is taking too long to respond.

I know that the site is NOT down because I can access it from my iPhone when it isn't connected to the Wi-fi. The site is not accessible on either Firefox nor Safari on my desktop or my Macbook Air.

Tips?

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
We use Airport Extreme as our router and for one particular website, we are getting this message in Firefox:

The connection has timed out

The server at _____.com is taking too long to respond.

I know that the site is NOT down because I can access it from my iPhone when it isn't connected to the Wi-fi. The site is not accessible on either Firefox nor Safari on my desktop or my Macbook Air.

Tips?

Its very unlikely that a single website not coming up would be caused by your home router, most likely a DNS issue.

Keep in mind the DNS for your cellular service is different than the DNS for your ISP. You can test by loading a different DNS (like Google or Opendns) into your ISP router-modem or computer network settings.

webitorgal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
I've tried a DNS flush and the public DNS to no avail. I've also tried resetting Airport Extreme (pressing the reset button) and that did not work either. Weird.

webitorgal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Loads fairly quickly on my AirPort Extreme with Rogers DOCSIS 3 modem.

Interesting. I can't get in at all. Have tried everything. It also doesn't look like I have anything blocked (besides, I would get a message saying that it's a blocked site, not one saying that it's timed out).

webitorgal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Hmm, in bridge mode should be fine. If it's a rental see if you can exchange it for one of the newer Hitron or Cisco ones.

It is in bridge mode (not gateway) isn't it?

Yes, it's in bridge mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.