Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Then why are you talking about him?
He has done more for the JB scene than anyone hee and you guys slang him off?
If you don't want another JB you are going the right way about it.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit

Curious what have you learned I'm not being sarcastic here. I know he co-wrote a book on jbing that is good. I fallowed him for quite a while and learned little other then the cyber bulling and teasing he does.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
That's just one of many brilliant talks he gave.

If people don't like what he says they don't have to read it, but with the abuse he getsim not surprised he loses it sometimes.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
That's just one of many brilliant talks he gave.

If people don't like what he says they don't have to read it, but with the abuse he getsim not surprised he loses it sometimes.

I don't agree on that.

I'd rather see him return to the JB-scene than to alienate him, we all realise that hackers take a lot of flack, i personally admire the hackers for there relentless quest for an exploit, but with i0n1c it works both ways.

Developing an exploit and using that to further your business is his good right, its his livelyhood, but flaunting it so publicly and tweeting that you'll never release it is bound to attract attention.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
And for that he deserves to be hounded out?

I'd rather people had his help than didn't but all he gets is a bunch of ingrates slagging him off.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Just like everyone else I just think he acts like a big baby and tries to harass others. I just don't like drama queens in general like him.
Personally I don't believe he will ever release anything again besides talking trash.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Spelling

And for that he deserves to be hounded out?

I'd rather people had his help than didn't but all he gets is a bunch of ingrates slagging him off.

Like i said he could expect some reaction, he got one which was mild by any standard, his retaliation on powerful twitter was way over the edge, you of all people should know that…...

Last edited:

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
I unfollowed him on twitter. His posts were very annoying.

Good. I wish the rest of you who don't like what he says would do too.

As for him 'releasing' anything, I doubt if he will. As for him providing invaluable research to the JB community, I'm sure he will continue to do so provided he doesn't give up because of all the insults he gets on Twitter.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Good. I wish the rest of you who don't like what he says would do too.

As for him 'releasing' anything, I doubt if he will. As for him providing invaluable research to the JB community, I'm sure he will continue to do so provided he doesn't give up because of all the insults he gets on Twitter.

While everyone known as having contributed to past/present jailbreaks receives a constant unending tirade of Twitter spam/demands/stupid Tweets...
honestly Confucious, i0n1c brings some portion of this on himself !

While myself and so many others really do respect him for his talents (and most who follow him do so for that very reason, just as I had been doing), his choice to harangue his followers on an almost daily basis has created ill will and surely increased the amount of insults he receives.

You see that clearly in this thread, not only from me but from some of the "long time regulars" on this forum. If you talk trash day in and day out, it eventually comes full circle back to you. Although my opinion of him has not changed (in fact his actions re-enforced what myself and many though of him) I regret that I posted a comment that I later decided was too strong (since edited) and I regret the events that followed my post.

Last edited:

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
I left the scene because I was fed up with abuse on Twitter and I got a very, very small percentage of the abuse he gets.
These guys put up with a lot, some cope better than others but it's certainly not nice. His reaction, although not nice itself, is nowhere near what he has to put up with.
He has nothing to lose bu just shutting up and stopping sharing with us. We have a lot to lose if he does.

Thanks for editing your post dhlizard.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I left the scene because I was fed up with abuse on Twitter and I got a very, very small percentage of the abuse he gets.
These guys put up with a lot, some cope better than others but it's certainly not nice. His reaction, although not nice itself, is nowhere near what he has to put up with.
He has nothing to lose bu just shutting up and stopping sharing with us. We have a lot to lose if he does.

Thanks for editing your post dhlizard.

I will agree with that 100% people do not understand how frustrating it can be on somebody like pod2g or Musclenerd or i0n1c getting asked questions that are obvious or you know will not be answered. I'm sure i0n1c got asked a million times now when is St.Gilglin's day. People asking basic questions they can find through google. Like how do I fix error 1600 When jailbreaks are coming out. etc.heck we get annoyed here and we only get a small portion of it. I think we have lost many a good hacker to this. Probably why pod2g has other things going on or at least said he does. I think this is why geohotz left the scene but it looks like he has bigger and better things any way.these guys spend allot of time looking for a needle in a hay stack. Which is a skill almost none of us have. Rarely saying a simple thank you. Honestly I do have to say there are many greedy people out there.

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
he has a little over 100,000 but maybe he blocked 200,000 just now. he is a odd one that one is.

Germans aren't known for their sense of humour...they lack it badly, perhaps this is why they lost both wars...!!

----------

À la Saint Glinglin (on Saint Glinglin's Day) means "some day in the indefinite future, or quite likely never"

when is Saint Glinglin Day?

the answer is on the second page ^^^

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.