Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:04 PM   #51
Viber
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaway View Post
Is that means if someone dials my number on Viber, my iPad/iPod will get the call and at the same time the other regular phone that have the same number will ringing too? Thanks.
At this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device simultaneously. When you try registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents, etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your second device with a different number: your home number, an old cellphone number, family's or friends.
In future versions we are planning to add an option to register Viber on multiple devices. Once we have news on that, we'll let you know
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:22 AM   #52
Goaway
macrumors newbie

I have a landline home phone with a built-in answering systems but no text messages. When I register, will the SMS message with the code from Viber converted into voice for a landline phone send to me?
Goaway is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:38 AM   #53
Viber
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I have a landline home phone with a built-in answering systems but no text messages. When I register, will the SMS message with the code from Viber converted into voice for a landline phone send to me?
Viber also has an automated calling system that calls the number and reads the code to it, so you can register using this method with your landline number
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:52 PM   #54
Goaway
macrumors newbie

Can people who don't have Viber call me or vice versa?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:43 PM   #55
Viber
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Can people who don't have Viber call me or vice versa?
Unfortunately not. Viber provides its service at the moment only between Viber users.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:25 PM   #56
Goaway
macrumors newbie

I have AT&T Iphone with the number (xxx) xxx-xxxx, would you tell me if I can get my phone and the viber share the same phone number? Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:28 AM   #57
Viber
macrumors 6502

Hi @Goaway -

I'm not sure I fully understood your question... please try to explain again, so we could assist
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:14 AM   #58
Moeinmm
macrumors newbie

Does it work on ipod touch 3g?
Moeinmm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:42 AM   #59
Goaway
macrumors newbie

I have AT&T Iphone with the cell number (xxx) xxx-xxxx and when I have viber installed on this Iphone can I share this same number(cell) or I have to find a different phone number for viber(Voip)? Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2013, 03:07 AM   #60
Viber
macrumors 6502

@Goaway -

You can use any number you wish to use in order to register to Viber, as long as that number is yours, so you can receive our SMS or automated call with the code.

@Moeinmm -

Viber does not officially support iPods, but it should still work.

Instructions for activating Viber on iPod/iPad/Tablet:

1. connect to WiFi from your iPad/iPod/Tablet.
2. download and install Viber app. when asked for your number, enter your regular cellphone's number (or any other number of yours that can receive the code, for example a landline (fixed) number, a prepaid number, etc.), then confirm.
3. an SMS message with the code will be sent to your regular cellular phone.
4. take that code and use it in your iPad/iPod/Tablet. Viber will then be activated, and you're good to go.

* this means that if anyone dials your number on Viber, you will get the call on your iPad/iPod/Tablet.
** Please note that Viber does not officially support iPods/iPads/Tablets yet. In the future, we plan to release fully compatible versions, but unfortunately we still don't know when exactly it will be ready.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:39 AM   #61
Ahmed Dahy
macrumors newbie

jailbreak required?

Hi guys, I am just asking if i have to have my ipod jailbroken to be able to use viber, and thanks in advance
Ahmed Dahy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:06 AM   #62
Viber
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed Dahy View Post
Hi guys, I am just asking if i have to have my ipod jailbroken to be able to use viber, and thanks in advance
Hi,
Viber does not officially support iPods, but it should still work fine on iPods that are non jailbroken.

You should find Viber in AppStore
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:53 PM   #63
iphone 3
macrumors newbie

After installed Viber on my iPhone, can Viber shares my iPhone number or I get to find a different number for Viber? Thanks
iphone 3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:32 AM   #64
Viber
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphone 3 View Post
After installed Viber on my iPhone, can Viber shares my iPhone number or I get to find a different number for Viber? Thanks
The number with which you register to Viber will be your Viber number
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:30 AM   #65
iphone 3
macrumors newbie

Can I make a conference or group call with viber?
iphone 3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:23 AM   #66
Viber
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphone 3 View Post
Can I make a conference or group call with viber?
Hi,

Unfortunately, this feature is not available yet. We are considering to add it in future versions.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:51 AM   #67
aliyana
macrumors newbie

i have downloaded the new version of fiber but contacts are taking rely long to sync

after downloading the new viber and accessed my account but why are my contacts taking so long to sync in? by the way i have viber on my iPod 4g.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber View Post
Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team.
Here are the instructions for what you asked:

1. connect to WiFi from your iPad/iPod.
2. download and install Viber app. when asked for your number, enter your regular cellphone's number, then confirm.
4. take that code and use it in your iPad/iPod. Viber will then be activated, and you're good to go.

* this means that if anyone dials your number on Viber, you will get the call on your iPad/iPod.
aliyana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:54 AM   #68
Viber
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliyana View Post
after downloading the new viber and accessed my account but why are my contacts taking so long to sync in? by the way i have viber on my iPod 4g.
Please note that Viber does not officially support iPods and iPads yet, and that may be the reason for the problem you're experiencing.

Are the contacts synchronized now? Is all working fine?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 06:47 AM   #69
rhenzo888
macrumors newbie

My itouch5 is not ringing when it is on locked screen but when I'm using it the gadget rings when someone call. What settings can I use to fix this? Thank you!
rhenzo888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:26 AM   #70
Viber
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenzo888 View Post
My itouch5 is not ringing when it is on locked screen but when I'm using it the gadget rings when someone call. What settings can I use to fix this? Thank you!
Hi,
Please note that Viber is not officially compatible with iPod Touch, and that may be the reason for the problem you're experiencing.

Unfortunately we (Viber) can't assist on on this matter. You might want to contact Apple support
Old Apr 17, 2013, 04:08 AM   #71
lemontrees
macrumors newbie

reply how to use re

Please make sure the following ports are enabled:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785
Buy Diablo 3 Gold | Buy RS Gold
lemontrees is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 08:27 PM   #72
Allyssauhuh
macrumors newbie

@Viber

I downloaded viber to my ipod touch 4th gen and it says that it is not yet available for ipod and ipad. But then i read some ipod-viber problems and tips like download the app to your ipod and follow the steps like entering your mobile phone number. My problem here is that, i entered my number correctly but to complete the process, you need to have the access code. And as it is said, the code will be sent to your regular mobile number but i didn't received any code to complete my viber app registration. Is there anything that i can do to complete this process or any tip that you could give me? Thanks in advance

----------

Quote:
Hi,
Please note that Viber is not officially compatible with iPod Touch, and that may be the reason for the problem you're experiencing.

Unfortunately we (Viber) can't assist on on this matter. You might want to contact Apple support

HOW ABOUT THIS:
@Viber

I downloaded viber to my ipod touch 4th gen and it says that it is not yet available for ipod and ipad. But then i read some ipod-viber problems and tips like download the app to your ipod and follow the steps like entering your mobile phone number. My problem here is that, i entered my number correctly but to complete the process, you need to have the access code. And as it is said, the code will be sent to your regular mobile number but i didn't received any code to complete my viber app registration. Is there anything that i can do to complete this process or any tip that you could give me? My old viber account on my ipod (which was im using before) was accidentally deleted so i decided to download it again. I hope you could help me with this. I miss my viber friends who doesn't have a regular load for texting and calling me. Thanks in advance.

----------

Quote:
Hi,

HOW ABOUT THIS:
@Viber

I downloaded viber to my ipod touch 4th gen and it says that it is not yet available for ipod and ipad. But then i read some ipod-viber problems and tips like download the app to your ipod and follow the steps like entering your mobile phone number. My problem here is that, i entered my number correctly but to complete the process, you need to have the access code. And as it is said, the code will be sent to your regular mobile number but i didn't received any code to complete my viber app registration. Is there anything that i can do to complete this process or any tip that you could give me? My old viber account on my ipod (which was im using before) was accidentally deleted so i decided to download it again. I hope you could help me with this. I miss my viber friends who doesn't have a regular load for texting and calling me. Thanks in advance.
Allyssauhuh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 05:15 AM   #73
Viber
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allyssauhuh View Post
@Viber

I downloaded viber to my ipod touch 4th gen and it says that it is not yet available for ipod and ipad. But then i read some ipod-viber problems and tips like download the app to your ipod and follow the steps like entering your mobile phone number. My problem here is that, i entered my number correctly but to complete the process, you need to have the access code. And as it is said, the code will be sent to your regular mobile number but i didn't received any code to complete my viber app registration. Is there anything that i can do to complete this process or any tip that you could give me? Thanks in advance[COLOR="#808080"]
Instructions for activating Viber on iPod/iPad/Tablet:

1. connect to WiFi from your iPad/iPod/Tablet.
2. download and install Viber app. when asked for your number, enter your regular cellphone's number (or any other number of yours that can receive the code, for example a landline (fixed) number, a prepaid number, etc.), then confirm.
4. take that code and use it in your iPad/iPod/Tablet. Viber will then be activated, and you're good to go.

* this means that if anyone dials your number on Viber, you will get the call on your iPad/iPod/Tablet.
** Please note that Viber does not officially support iPods/iPads/Tablets yet. In the future, we plan to release fully compatible versions, but unfortunately we still don't know when exactly it will be ready.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 03:14 PM   #74
Viberon4G
macrumors newbie

How??

Hi Could you please tell me how can I enable these ports on my iPOD touch 4g??
Thanks a lot

-------------------

Quote:
It sounds as if your network is behind a firewall, blocking Viber from functioning.

Please make sure the following ports are enabled:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

Also, please try using it on a different WiFi network and see if it works.
Viberon4G is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:33 PM   #75
Viber
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viberon4G View Post
Hi Could you please tell me how can I enable these ports on my iPOD touch 4g??
Thanks a lot

-------------------
Hi there,

The ports should be enabled (forwarded) on the router/firewall, not the iPod. Each router has a different method of doing this, therefore we recommend contacting your ISP or your router manufacturer for help.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps