Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:24 PM   #1
edbarton76
macrumors newbie

Best Creative Image Organisation Software - little snapper alternatives

Not talking about photo organisation here (although iPhoto gets close to the goal) but software like Little Snapper that can organise my creative library.

Part of my job is to pull up references at a moments notice, so all images in my collection with a market in them for example. Software like Lightroom/Aperture therefore isn't right for this task. My search has come across Little Snapper and Sparkbox but I'm after some further alternatives.

My only real demands are

Tagging
Ability to place the library on Dropbox so I and others can access it remotely (in an ideal world anybody who I give details to could log in and browse my library)

LittleSnapper seems so close except it uses the .snap file format which means the files are no use to anybody without the application. I know I can export back out but I've done tests on it today and there's generational file loss from going jpg to jpg - I'd like to avoid this if possible. I don't want it to do anything with my files unless I ask it to.

What are the alternatives??
edbarton76 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:00 PM   #2
heikkipekka
macrumors newbie

Which did you end up using? I'm having similar decision to make: Sparkbox seems nice (trying out Lite version) but LittleSnapper better for this kind of scenario? Or something else, maybe with access to thumbnails or small previews from iPhone and iPad?

Thanks.
heikkipekka is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store