Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Aļaļaļweb
macrumors newbie

Migration from iWeb to WordPress: how keep former pages active ?

Hello,

I've been using iWeb for over two years and I've published hundreds of pages of the magazine Web http://www.yesicannes.com. But I can not go on with iWeb, a great software to create sites but hampered by its limitations. I'm going to use Wordpress to build a dynamic site, that will of course have the same URL: www.yesicannes.com as the former one by iWeb.

My big concern is how to keep active the links to pages already published with iWeb (host OVH)? These links were broadcasted hundreds of times around the world ... I also intend to include them in the "summary" of the new site to direct visitors to the old iWeb version of the magazine.

If someone has successfully migrated from iWeb to WP could please be so kind as to share his (her) experience in hosting, I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.
Aļaļaļweb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development