Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBPiPTiMiP4S

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Hello,
I'm a college student,
majoring in Graphic Design and Communications.
I would like to know is there any website that offers a monthly payment plan for the iPad 4th gen?
I'am looking to get one for my portfolio,
thanks!

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Frankly, it would be cheaper to put some money away each month until you've built up enough to purchase it outright.

I'm guessing you don't have a CC that you could put it on, since that's the common way to delay paying for things. But again, you could easily end up paying double the price if you let interest accumulate.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
It really depends on your credit...if you don't have a credit card already, most places are a little apprehensive about letting you pay something out. You might look at Best Buy...they sometimes offer good financing options. Just make sure if you get a zero percent credit line you pay it off before the time period expires or you will most likely be charged interest from the date of the purchase.

JayDude132

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
Best Buy has 18 month, 0% financing. Also, if you wait until the 18th month to pay them, you're essentially paying them less money adjusted for the cost of inflation since its 0%. :D

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Generally, if you can not afford to pay for something TODAY, you should not be buying it.

But, assuming there is some VALUE to buying today, then any credit card company will allow you to make payments.

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
I'm assuming the OP's in the US, but if in the UK both very.co.uk and woolworths online do 12 months interest free credit on ipads.

flavr

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
To show your portfolio, get a used cheap iPad 1 (work will look great on that screen)...then save up for iPad 5...

luqtotheman

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
Barclaycard sometimes has offers for 0% interest for 12 months when buying apple products.

Also check out best buy. Just make payments until the 12th or 18th month (depending on the creditor that you use) and you won't paying any fee's or interest.

If you wait past the 12 or 18th month they will charge you ALL the interest from the previous months they gave you 0% and the percentage will most likely be very HIGH.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
I took out a 401k loan for my ipad I'm buying tomorrow. Automatic payroll deductions to pay it, no penalties, and it's 4.6% interest that gets paid back to my 401k.... So I'll earn my own interest on the loan. Win win.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Hello,
I'm a college student,
majoring in Graphic Design and Communications.
I would like to know is there any website that offers a monthly payment plan for the iPad 4th gen?
I'am looking to get one for my portfolio,
thanks!

Don't do it. Just put the money aside for the next few months, it's honestly worth it. That's how I was able to afford my MacBook Pro.

Loans are good for houses, they're good for cars, but you honestly don't want to take out a loan for something as cheap as an iPad. Put it on a credit card, yeah, that's fine. I pay very little interest on mine and I get reward points which help me pay it back too, but don't do any of those loan programs. They aren't worth it.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Best Buy has 18 month, 0% financing. Also, if you wait until the 18th month to pay them, you're essentially paying them less money adjusted for the cost of inflation since its 0%. :D

This.

And I got it on BF weekend and paid no tax. :D

BB has some open box returns. You can save money that way as well. My friend just got one that wasn't even used!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.