Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
When iWeb (God bless its code) was still around, they had an option where you could use it to do a blog. I'm not a fan of Blogr, Wordpress. Is anyone aware of any other apps where you blog offline, then have an app sort out the HTML code for you and then it publishes?

Something also easy for non-coders to aesthetically customise, please:D

Thanks.

bdbolin

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2012
Even though you mentioned not liking Wordpress... I still highly recommend it. You can do offline posts with it too. Simply write up the post, and email it to the specified WP email address for your blog. It will upload everything just how you'd like it.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Another vote for Wordpress. I used it for years and loved it. I eventually moved it to my own server and designed a layout for it. Why don't you care for it? It does exactly what you want and is EXTREMELY customizable.

dan1eln1el5en

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
can't we soon get a sticky post with the title: "iWeb is dead! Long live...."

then alternatives can be discussed, too often do I check this forum, and this question come up too often.

Wordpress is a wonderful alternative and it's a real website/CMS with huge potential.

My votes for Wordpress any day.

(Also iWeb's code and customization was close to horrible)

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I'm no good at online customisation - so I'd very much rather load up a pre-existing theme, of course with small customisations such as my own logo etc. Also, I'm no good with Wordpress' control panel. I've found a happy medium myself with RapidWeaver though, if anyone's asking:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.