Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TankerGal

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
Ireland
hmm

For a start, Guinness is an Irish beer. Not British. :)

I am looking to send beer from either Ireland or the UK to a hotel in Florida... Its part of a surprise gift for my boyfriend when we arrive. I've read that people have had no problem sending beer to the States using FedEx, or DHL but it is strictly against USPS policies... FedEx and DHL on a "don't ask, don't tell" basis... However - if there was anywhere in the surrounding area that delivers beer I would be up for that too.

Tip for anyone that may need it; ParcelForce in the UK contracts FedEx for delivery in the US. Their rules are that the alcohol may not be greater than 70% ABV and not more than 1litre per receptacle... This is on entering the US and therefore according to US customs... So probably the same for other countries shipping as well. NB; there are some countries that do not accept any alcoholic bevvies at all.

source:
http://www.parcelforce.com/help-information/sending-advice/prohibitions-and-restrictions

hope this helps some poor soul dedicated to their beer!
Go team Irish!

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
For a start, Guinness is an Irish beer. Not British. :)

I am looking to send beer from either Ireland or the UK to a hotel in Florida... Its part of a surprise gift for my boyfriend when we arrive. I've read that people have had no problem sending beer to the States using FedEx, or DHL but it is strictly against USPS policies... FedEx and DHL on a "don't ask, don't tell" basis... However - if there was anywhere in the surrounding area that delivers beer I would be up for that too.

Tip for anyone that may need it; ParcelForce in the UK contracts FedEx for delivery in the US. Their rules are that the alcohol may not be greater than 70% ABV and not more than 1litre per receptacle... This is on entering the US and therefore according to US customs... So probably the same for other countries shipping as well. NB; there are some countries that do not accept any alcoholic bevvies at all.

source:
http://www.parcelforce.com/help-information/sending-advice/prohibitions-and-restrictions

hope this helps some poor soul dedicated to their beer!
Go team Irish!

Replying to a more than 5 years old thread:confused:

Mito

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Might be a problem. I wanted to ship Odwalla (US juice) to EU, unfortunately nobody wants to ship oversea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.