Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsugolfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Georgia, USA
On my Droid Pro, I was able to auto-upload all pictures to Photobucket. With the iPhone 5, I am only able to do this with Dropbox (which isn't quite as seamless as a web viewer like Photobucket).

Is anything available that would function the way the Droid did with auto-uploading?

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
On my Droid Pro, I was able to auto-upload all pictures to Photobucket. With the iPhone 5, I am only able to do this with Dropbox (which isn't quite as seamless as a web viewer like Photobucket).

Is anything available that would function the way the Droid did with auto-uploading?

Dropbox does it on android because it isn't as restrictive and be given the permission to do so. iOS will not allow this due to its locked down nature.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Dropbox does it on android because it isn't as restrictive and be given the permission to do so. iOS will not allow this due to its locked down nature.
Well, it may not be locked down too much more, at least in the case of Facebook. FB has a new feature it's been slowly rolling out where any iOS photo you take automatically uploads to FB. Privacy controls are set so that no photo get's published to the feed without permission.

But if you aren't on FB or you opt out of this (like I have) you don't have to worry.

OP, there is Photobucket's own app. It's not automatic (I don't think), but it will be direct to Photobucket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.