Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:16 AM   #1
Ryan914
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 cracking/popping sound when audio starts and stops

I got my iPhone 5 delivered on launch day and I've just noticed that when ANY audio is initiated on it there is a short popping, static-y sound, then a few seconds after the audio has stopped there is a second popping sound. This includes any audio, from music to keyboard clicks. There is also a slightly longer popping sound when opening the safari address bar. It only appears to occur with headphone use and I've reproduced the problem on all of my headphones and it drives me crazy when I have headphones in. I'm many hundreds of kilometres from an Apple Store and obviously supplies are constrained so any replacement will be quite delayed and I have found one other person on the Apple Support forums with this issue. Is it possible this is a software bug that may be fixed, or do I need to call Apple, because this is a really unacceptable problem.

Last edited by Ryan914; Sep 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Ryan914 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Brv
macrumors newbie

Hi there, I just started experiencing the exact same audio issues. Did you find a fix or identify the problem?
Thx!
Brv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:38 PM   #3
LapsangSouchong
macrumors 65816

I've only noticed it when email/sms sounds are fist coming through headphones. It's kinda...jarring.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:58 PM   #4
Rocko1
Banned

Yep notice it too. It's the amp turning on and off. Never noticed it on my 4s but its there also.
Rocko1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone