Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigjolly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Hi I have a problem and I thought Apple Script looks like the perfect solution?
I have a lot of .txt export files from Filemaker Pro and I need to import them into an accounts programme called AccountEdge.
I noticed AccountEdge works with Apple Script but after a few frustrating hours I had to give up.
Could someone please let me know if this all is possible?

ytk

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2010
It should be. I'm not familiar with AccountEdge, so I can't say for sure, but my strong suspicion is that there's some way to do it.

Have you seen this page? You might be able to adapt one of the sample scripts.

Bigjolly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Thanks ytk for your reply. I have seen this page and tried playing around with the scripts but have come to the conclusion I'm not a scripter. I would be prepared hire someone if there was someone out their who could take a look at the project for me. I have searched the net and seems the only people who do this are for larger projects, publishing workflows etc.
If you could point me in the direction of someone interested I would appreciate it.

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
Hi

Do you have a sample .txt file? I'm not familiar with AccountEdge (which can be a disadvantage when scripting), but I have plenty of AppleScript experience. If it looks straightforward enough then I *might* be able to help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.