Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MathijsF

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
The Netherlands
Mine arrived thirty minutes ago. I thought I'd never see the day where I receive a new iMac without any defects whatsoever. Normally I have to return it at least twice before getting one that's spotless.

Design-wise the change isn't exactly huge from my previous iMac. However, the fact that it boots under ten seconds is fairly shocking. :D

Good for you, enjoy it mate!

Beardy

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
The Mac store on Regent St has the 27" in stock....they carry three specs though the one with the top processor is out of stock. The top spec has the 1tb Fusion drive and the 680MX.

If you want 3TB fusion you need to BTO.

I need 3TB so just going to have to wait for mine that I ordered on 8th Dec.

digitalfailure

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
I'm tracking BA flight 168, it's currently showing as being ahead of schedule with 2 hours flight time remaining before it lands at heathrow. :)

Hopefully it'll clear customs sharpish and get to me for the weekend :D

Snoezzz

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
The Netherlands
What does IDE centre mean on TNT tracking?

Our new Integrated Direct Express (IDE) centre: a cross-dock facility in the Netherlands with ULD off-loading equipment, allowing a seamless break down of incoming airline pallets and injection into TNT's road and air networks.

Where are u from Brian? Do you have a status change in your tracking information? :D

Looks like your mac is being prepared for further distribution/transportation, i think the IDE is also in Arnhem.

brian017

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
Kilkenny, Ireland
Our new Integrated Direct Express (IDE) centre: a cross-dock facility in the Netherlands with ULD off-loading equipment, allowing a seamless break down of incoming airline pallets and injection into TNT's road and air networks.

Where are u from Brian? Do you have a status change in your tracking information? :D

Looks like your mac is being prepared for further distribution/transportation, i think the IDE is also in Arnhem.

It changed from the Arnhem hub to the IDE centre at around 1:30. I'm in Ireland, so it's unlikely that's today's the day even though it still has an expected delivery date of Jan 3. Oh well :(

Notohyr

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
The Netherlands
This also for national transport? I'm in the netherlands and mine just changed to IDE center too.

BjornvS

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
The Netherlands
Mine was delivered at 14:03 today, but since it was delivered at the company that ordered it for me (saving some VAT), I will only have it home tomorrow. Still, I'm excited! It's been a pretty long wait since Nov 30th, but I bet it'll all be worth it.

DennisD7

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
London, UK
Finally my baby is home.
This is the smallest room and the largest setup I've ever had.

tumblr_mg24eh4foy1qa6usno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mg24eh4foy1qa6usno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mg24eh4foy1qa6usno3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mg24eh4foy1qa6usno4_1280.jpg

Those two screens are Dell Ultrasharp 2007fp, 20 inch, 1600x1200.

EDIT: sorry for the enormous pictures.

Last edited:

whooshbong

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Preparing at last

Ordered 5th Dec AM (GMT) with expected delivery 3-10 Jan. Just gone to preparing to ship this afternoon.

Anyone got a good guesstimate on when it might arrive based on previous shipping. Also wondering whether to change shipping to wife's work address as not going to be at home and i work in hospital. will 'wander' if i try to get it delivered here.

1st mac!

Preparing for Shipment Dispatched: 3 - 4 Weeks Delivers 03 Jan, 2013 - 10 Jan, 2013

Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
PAGES PREINSTALLED
NUMBERS PREINSTALLED
KEYNOTE PREINSTALLED
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-B
COUNTRY KIT-B

Last edited:

Grockel

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
Devon, UK
Tracking syncreon shipments to the UK ?

Having confused myself entirely reading previous posts...

Am I right in understanding that:
(i) because I have ordered an iMac + Applecare,
(ii) I cannot track the shipment,
(iii) until the two join up somewhere in the UK, and
(iv) a tracking number is then issued

I have my original Apple order number (as PO Number), an additional order number, and a delivery reference number.....any combination of which fail reliably on the syncreon tracking page.

Grockel

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
Devon, UK
Ordered 5th Dec AM (GMT) with expected delivery 3-10 Jan. Just gone to preparing to ship this afternoon.

Anyone got a good guesstimate on when it might arrive based on previous shipping. Also wondering whether to change shipping to wife's work address as not going to be at home and i work in hospital. will 'wander' if i try to get it delivered here.

1st mac!

Preparing for Shipment Dispatched: 3 - 4 Weeks Delivers 03 Jan, 2013 - 10 Jan, 2013

Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
PAGES PREINSTALLED
NUMBERS PREINSTALLED
KEYNOTE PREINSTALLED
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-B
COUNTRY KIT-B

I ordered the same spec on the afternoon of the 5th and was given the same delivery dates as you (3rd to 10th)

Mine shipped on the second after 2 days preparing, and I'm been advised of delivery by the 9th.

MathijsF

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
The Netherlands
Having confused myself entirely reading previous posts...

Am I right in understanding that:
(i) because I have ordered an iMac + Applecare,
(ii) I cannot track the shipment,
(iii) until the two join up somewhere in the UK, and
(iv) a tracking number is then issued

I have my original Apple order number (as PO Number), an additional order number, and a delivery reference number.....any combination of which fail reliably on the syncreon tracking page.

Have you tried tracking it on the tnt.com website?

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
My replacement iMac has also reached Holland today:

03 Jan 2013 14:26:01 Ide Centre Shipment In Transit.

(been sitting at Pudong International Airport since december 31).

But the first iMac I got stayed in Ide Centre for 3-4 days, so I fear this might also happen with this machine. Normally delivery from Holland to Denmark is just one day, so maybe I'm lucky and it will arrive tomorrow.

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
Just for info: fromt he time you received the 3-5 working days e-mail from apple, how many days passed for Apple to ship your replacement?

I never received a 3-5 days email. I called Apple for a replacement on 20. December, where I got a confirmation e-mail saying "Dispatched: January" - and was told by customer service, that it wouldn't ship until January. I asked if that meant early or late in the month. And he couldn't answer that - told me it could be as long as til February.

So I was surprised when I received the shipping notification on new years eve 31. December.

11 days it took for the machine to ship, and estimate arrival is 7. January, but I hope it might arrive tomorrow.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
I got mine about 3pm.

First impressions?

The screen is much much less reflective. Normally with my curtains open I couldn't see the display but I can with this. Big improvement. I also think the brightness is different, maybe its got more levels of brightness or a different setup but it seems to have a larger range between the minimum and maximum compared to my 2010 model.

I partitioned the fusion drive and the flash part seems to be attached to the system partition. I divided it in half so I can store media with a bit more redudency.

I'll probably not restore from my time machine back up because my music is on itunes match and google music. My important documents are already on drop box or have been emailed so exist in the cloud and honestly I think it's quicker to reinstall my apps again. Only photos isn't backed up in the cloud so I'm restoring that.

It's very quiet. But there isn't anything on it yet. We will see of stays so quiet in the future as right now everything is on the fusion drive.

The sound has slightly less bass than the thicker iMacs but it is still more than loud enough and more than good enough for everyday use.

I ran geek bench on it and it gave me 10,556 (2.9 i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion) compared to my RMBP on 12,445 (2.7 i7' 16GB RAM, 512MB Flash). I'm waiting for my crucial RAM upgrade if they ever decide to ship it... Lazy crucial.

kaelell

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
No. Call Apple.

I called last friday and they said it would be proritised, Having seen no movement on the expected date or status, I called again today and she said it was maximised priority but still had not been despatched. She did however also mention compensation would be discussed after I have recieved my Mac and to drop them a mail once I have it delivered.

I'll probably want to pre-empt an offer of a few ££ on gift vouchers and demand something more satsifactory, do you think its unfair/ridiculas of me to reply back asking for free Extended Apple care ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.