Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:47 PM   #1
HabSonic
macrumors regular

M4P files are back on iTunes

Yesterday, I downloaded a new album on iTunes. When I tried to use SoundHound to view the lyrics, it wasn't working for some of the songs. I checked the files on my Mac and to my big surprise, the extensions of those songs are .M4P.

The DRM aren't back, but having M4P files is seriously annoying because of compatibility issues.

Anyone else? Is it a problem with iTunes 11? I contacted customer support and I'm suppose to have an answer in the next 2 days.
HabSonic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:03 AM   #2
Ritsuka
macrumors regular

m4p and m4a are the same exactly format, the only that had drm was the audio track, not the mp4 file itself. Did you try to rename it to .m4a?
Ritsuka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:33 AM   #3
HabSonic
macrumors regular

I'm not sure I understand you. MP4 and M4P are not the same thing. Still I can rename the file or convert it, but I wonder why Apple doesn't do this on their end. If I download the file directly on my iOS device, I can't change rename it and no app will recognize the file.

I don't buy very often on iTunes, but when I do, it's because of convenience. This is not very convenient.
HabSonic is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services