Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 14, 2011, 05:13 PM   #151
moidah
macrumors newbie

SATA-IDE adaptor for 1TB 2.5" drive

Hi,

Firstly, thanks to everybody who's posted on the forum, it's been very helpful in getting my drive prepped to put in the ATV. In the end it was the atvCloner that did the trick, so special thanks to dynaflash for a great little utility.

However, my problem now lies it hooking the SATA drive up to the IDE bus on the ATV. I bought an adaptor from Amazon, but only after the drive failed to mount on my desktop using an IDE drive enclosure did I discover in the small print that it only support drives up to 500G.

So has anyone got any recommendations for a SATA-IDE bridge that will work on a 1TB drive and be small enough to squeeze into the ATV and, crucially, can be bought in the UK or shipped there in less than a fortnight and for less than a small fortune?!

Many thanks in advance.
moidah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 07:33 AM   #152
potatis
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by moidah View Post
Hi,

Firstly, thanks to everybody who's posted on the forum, it's been very helpful in getting my drive prepped to put in the ATV. In the end it was the atvCloner that did the trick, so special thanks to dynaflash for a great little utility.

However, my problem now lies it hooking the SATA drive up to the IDE bus on the ATV. I bought an adaptor from Amazon, but only after the drive failed to mount on my desktop using an IDE drive enclosure did I discover in the small print that it only support drives up to 500G.

So has anyone got any recommendations for a SATA-IDE bridge that will work on a 1TB drive and be small enough to squeeze into the ATV and, crucially, can be bought in the UK or shipped there in less than a fortnight and for less than a small fortune?!

Many thanks in advance.
Did you find anyone that works on 1TB drives? What model is the one that doesn't? Perhaps same as mine, Advantech PCM-233B? (http://www.advantech.eu/products/PCM...0B67F86E3.aspx)?

Last edited by potatis; Jan 3, 2013 at 07:11 AM.
potatis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 05:20 AM   #153
moidah
macrumors newbie

Apple TV 1TB Hard Drive Upgrade Fail!

No, I eventually gave it up as a bad job. The adapter you link to is a bit too big to fit in the case, I think, even if it does support drives >500GB.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:01 AM   #154
potatis
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by denlesko View Post
Anyway, you will need 500GB drive and small 44PIN IDE to SATA bridge, i tried few and the only one that worked for me i bought here >>>> http://usb.brando.com.hk/2-5-ide-mal...6c032d015.html
Di you know if the adapter you purchased from Brando also works with 1 TB drives?
potatis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:20 AM   #155
moidah
macrumors newbie

That wasn't me, it was denlesko.

But I might be tempted to give it another try at some point!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater