Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I used to have find my ipod on my 2G ipod touch but now it is telling me that it cannot be loaded because the Find my iPod app is only compatable with iOS5 and you can't put iOS5 on a 2G touch. The find my ipod feature is very important to me and my 9year old. I was running the iOS 4.2.1 and thought that was the problem so I went through the steps to downgrade back to iOS 4.1 but the app still does not work. HELP!!

Why has this stopped working and what can I do to get this going again?

Thanks!

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
If you use windows you could have an old version of the app in your recycle bin. It might be there if you sync with iTunes a lot. It's not guaranteed

----------

its time you buy a new iPod

Personally, if the iPod touch 2 is good for his 9 year old, it's fine... No need to spend $200 or $300.

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
If you use windows you could have an old version of the app in your recycle bin. It might be there if you sync with iTunes a lot. It's not guaranteed

----------

Personally, if the iPod touch 2 is good for his 9 year old, it's fine... No need to spend $200 or $300.
Thank you. That is exactly right. I am on an iMac so I was able to recover the older "Find my iPhone app and install it but it can't find the location....

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
I used to have find my ipod on my 2G ipod touch but now it is telling me that it cannot be loaded because the Find my iPod app is only compatable with iOS5 and you can't put iOS5 on a 2G touch. The find my ipod feature is very important to me and my 9year old. I was running the iOS 4.2.1 and thought that was the problem so I went through the steps to downgrade back to iOS 4.1 but the app still does not work. HELP!!

Why has this stopped working and what can I do to get this going again?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, find my iPhone/iPod/iPad/Mac is only available to iOS devices running iOS 5 or later, even if you did somehow get an older version of the app it still wouldn't be supported on http://www.icloud.com so it would be of no use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.