Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
I'd like Facebook to stick around, but I'm worried nonsense like this might end up killing it.

I love Facebook for keeping in touch with my family (I live away and we all have hectic lives, emails are good but a "forum" atmosphere like Facebook is great), and old buddies from school. Never touched an app on Facebook - never will.
I guess I have magic powers for being able to see the benefits in it!

Same here -- although, I'd argue that people, groups, and businesses have already settled themselves so deep into the Facebook platform (with respect to social networking) that unless something really game changing surfaced, it would be pretty difficult for people to jump ship.

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Guess I'm the only here that likes this (like I was the only one that didn't like the iOS switching idea earlier) mainly cos I've got lots of dirty female friends who have already made use of being able to send filth that is gone after a few seconds…personally I don't mind receiving that a few times a day :D

AllieNeko

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
Literally, for sexting. Any racy photos you take and send are viewable for a short time and then gone. Snapchat has a feature that notifies you if the person takes a screenshot too I think. Seriously, I can't think of any other application.

Then you can't think very hard. I use Snapchat all the time and have never "sexted" - but I've sent messy hair, silly faces, etc that I'd die of humiliation if they were passed around. Same thing my friends all use it for. None of us "sext"

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2011
I did a search in the App Store for "Facebook Poke" the app did not show up in the results I looked at. Did another search just for "Facebook" and still did not find it. I clicked on the "Direct Link" (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/facebook-poke/id588594730?mt=8) in the article and it brought up the app like it should.

Curious that the happen isn't easily found in search.

I'm running iOS 6.0.1 on iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.