Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
Here is my setup:

- Mac Mini Late 2012. 2.3 GHz Quad-Core i7
- iPad 2 with ZaggFolio Keyboard Case
- iPhone 4S 16GB
- 2x LG 22" IPS-224V
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Apple numeric keyboard
- Trust Tytan 2.1
- Teufel Aureol Massive headphone

how do you like the LG 22" IPS-224V ?

JimT1701

macrumors member
May 4, 2012
Massachusetts
Still trying to clean my desk before I take pictures but here is my current setup.

2012 Mac Mini 2.3 GHz i7
16GB Corsair Vengence RAM
Replaced Main drive with a 128GB Samsung 830 (no second drive)
2x Dell U2412M connected to DisplayPort/HDMI
3TB Mercury Elite Pro USB3 drive for all my data
Drobo S USB 3 for more data
Drobo S FW800 for Backups

Little thing is very speedy. Makes a good replacement to my 2006 Mac Pro and uses less power. Been running 24/7 since 12/29 with a few reboots in between. So far so good. Pics soon.

whustedt

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2011
Northern Germany
Not the best picture of it, I know. But I absolutely love this setup.
Used a MBP for 4 years and changed to desktop+iPad setup now.

On my desk:
- HÅG Capisco chair
- Mac mini 2.6, 16GB, Fusion Drive
- BOSE Companion 20 speakers
- EIZO 2402W monitor
- WD MyBook 3TB USB3
- Apple Keyboard, Magic Trackpad, Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Attachments

• IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 307

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Could someone comment on my set-up? On the last page.

Loving the set-ups btw :D

Cheers :apple:

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
My Mini's a 2011. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a pic of my setup but here goes. :p

Macs:
Mac Mini (2011)
Macbook Pro 13" (mid 2012)
Powermac G5 (late 2005)

iDevices
iPod Touch 4GB (64GB)
iPhone 3GS (16GB)
iPad 1 (16GB)
iPad 4 (16GB)

Accessories
Thunderbolt Display
Magic Mouse x2
Apple Wireless Keyboard x2
Apple Magic Trackpad x1

Non Apple:
24" Samsung monitor
Samsung R510
2x Western digital external hard drives.
Sony headphones.
I do have an Apple battery charger off camera - but that's not really apart of the setup.

Thoughts? :)

That is a lot of Apple hardware. :)

I am waiting for Mini to arrive but will run it with the following:

47" LED Vizio TV 240 Hz (1080p) or a 32" Sceptre LED (720p) TV via HDMI
2.6 Ghz quad-core Mac Mini, Fusion Drive, 16 GB RAM
3 TB Seagate USB 3.0 external HDD
Apple wireless keyboard
Wireless mouse (already own and use with PC laptop)
Probably will buy Apple Magic Trackpad

Will probably buy a dedicated monitor for it later on but mostly plan on using this as an iTunes/media server for the three Apple TV3s and 2 iPads that we own (I don't really watch cable so everything I watch is streamed/downloaded)

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
That is a lot of Apple hardware. :)

I am waiting for Mini to arrive but will run it with the following:

47" LED Vizio TV 240 Hz (1080p) or a 32" Sceptre LED (720p) TV via HDMI
2.6 Ghz quad-core Mac Mini, Fusion Drive, 16 GB RAM
3 TB Seagate USB 3.0 external HDD
Apple wireless keyboard
Wireless mouse (already own and use with PC laptop)
Probably will buy Apple Magic Trackpad

Will probably buy a dedicated monitor for it later on but mostly plan on using this as an iTunes/media server for the three Apple TV3s and 2 iPads that we own (I don't really watch cable so everything I watch is streamed/downloaded)
Thank you for the compliment. I'm never going to be truly happy as there's always going to be something I don't have if that makes sense?

Nice set-up too. :D

I want a retina 15" or a cMBP 15" and another Thunderbolt Display to complete the set-up; well, a set-up's never truly complete. :p

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Thank you for the compliment. I'm never going to be truly happy as there's always going to be something I don't have if that makes sense?

Nice set-up too. :D

I want a retina 15" or a cMBP 15" and another Thunderbolt Display to complete the set-up; well, a set-up's never truly complete. :p

True, I started with an iPhone 3G. Loved that, got an iPhone 4, loved that got an iPad 2, then got my wife an iPad 2, then bought one Apple TV2. Loved that bought 2 more. Sold all three for what it would cost me to buy three new Apple TV3s. Also bought an Apple Airport Extreme router. Only thing that was missing was a Mac computer in my entire setup. I can't justify spending $600-1000 for a display so I am just going to use decent monitor or the TVs. I am not doing anything professional or anything so I am ok as long as the picture quality looks pretty good. My Laptop could output up to 1080p on my Vizio but struggled with playing video at that level. I put the resolution down to about 1600 x 800 I think or 900 and it is big enough to read everything from the couch about 10' feet back but still struggled with the video. I am hoping with the Mac Mini and the extra power and RAM I won't run into that issue. Looking at Newegg and Tigerdirect now for monitors in the 20-23" range for less than $150. Don't shoot me......I just dropped $1180 on the Mac Mini and additional RAM so not looking to spend a lot on the monitor that I will not be using all that frequently, mainly just when the TV is tied up with something on it. With the laptop I could just unplug the VGA cable and use the built in screen.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
True, I started with an iPhone 3G. Loved that, got an iPhone 4, loved that got an iPad 2, then got my wife an iPad 2, then bought one Apple TV2. Loved that bought 2 more. Sold all three for what it would cost me to buy three new Apple TV3s. Also bought an Apple Airport Extreme router. Only thing that was missing was a Mac computer in my entire setup. I can't justify spending $600-1000 for a display so I am just going to use decent monitor or the TVs. I am not doing anything professional or anything so I am ok as long as the picture quality looks pretty good. My Laptop could output up to 1080p on my Vizio but struggled with playing video at that level. I put the resolution down to about 1600 x 800 I think or 900 and it is big enough to read everything from the couch about 10' feet back but still struggled with the video. I am hoping with the Mac Mini and the extra power and RAM I won't run into that issue. Looking at Newegg and Tigerdirect now for monitors in the 20-23" range for less than $150. Don't shoot me......I just dropped $1180 on the Mac Mini and additional RAM so not looking to spend a lot on the monitor that I will not be using all that frequently, mainly just when the TV is tied up with something on it. With the laptop I could just unplug the VGA cable and use the built in screen.
I see and I know what you mean. XD :)

Link me to your set-up please?
How can I imrove my set-up?
What do you think I should purchase next?

Thanks.

scotttnz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Could someone comment on my set-up? On the last page.

Loving the set-ups btw :D

Cheers :apple:

My Mini's a 2011. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a pic of my setup but here goes. :p

Macs:
Mac Mini (2011)
Macbook Pro 13" (mid 2012)
Powermac G5 (late 2005)

iDevices
iPod Touch 4GB (64GB)
iPhone 3GS (16GB)
iPad 1 (16GB)
iPad 4 (16GB)

Accessories
Thunderbolt Display
Magic Mouse x2
Apple Wireless Keyboard x2
Apple Magic Trackpad x1

Non Apple:
24" Samsung monitor
Samsung R510
2x Western digital external hard drives.
Sony headphones.
I do have an Apple battery charger off camera - but that's not really apart of the setup.

Thoughts? :)

Nice setup! You have a lot of Apple stuff but I understand how it could get that way. I'm already planning my next purchase in my head.....probably gonna get an ATV soon which I will run headless, just to stream music to the lounge initially. (If apple ever add TV shows to iTunes in New Zealand, then I might buy an Amp with more HDMI inputs, so I can connect it up to the TV, but for now I'll just run it through the optical out.) I'm also tempted to replace my ESXi server with another Mac Mini......

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Nice setup! You have a lot of Apple stuff but I understand how it could get that way. I'm already planning my next purchase in my head.....probably gonna get an ATV soon which I will run headless, just to stream music to the lounge initially. (If apple ever add TV shows to iTunes in New Zealand, then I might buy an Amp with more HDMI inputs, so I can connect it up to the TV, but for now I'll just run it through the optical out.) I'm also tempted to replace my ESXi server with another Mac Mini......
Might remove the Samsung 24" and put the two iPads up on a stand, then that way only my Samsung R510 will be the only non-Apple product.

Yeah I know what you mean; thanks for the compliment on my set-up.

How can I improve my set-up? :)

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012

You can always download TV shows other ways and then import them into iTunes on your computer and stream them to the ATV/TV. I do it all the time. Some shows may be harder to find than others but 98% of the time the ones that my wife and I watch I can find online. Most in .mp4 format so they are ATV and iPad friendly. Others I live stream convert on the ipad using Airvideo or I just convert the show using the same app. Easier than using Handbrake, just limited to 720p.

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
Here is:

1) a base 2012 with NuTech side stand

2) a lacie little big disk with 2 ssd's as my booter

3) a seagate stae 121 thunderbolt as a tm

4) an apple dvd player

all on a laptop cooler and the cooler on a second stand that is a usb hub.

lex mark printer to the right

Attachments

• IMG_2397.JPG
    IMG_2397.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 333
  • IMG_2398.JPG
    IMG_2398.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 273

Bigmoe1701-E

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2010
Detroit,Mi USA
Current Mac Mini set-up

I currently have the 16gb ram option. i have it ran thru my Denon audio/video receiver, i selected this setup so that i can listen to my music through my home theater system.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 239
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 238

MattA

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
Wish apple did not discontinue those 24 inchers, that would be best fit for me

I got mine at the refurb store for $599. I felt that was a pretty good bargain at the time, and I've really liked having it. The Mini drives that resolution really nicely.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
I got mine at the refurb store for $599. I felt that was a pretty good bargain at the time, and I've really liked having it. The Mini drives that resolution really nicely.

But don't you find the pixel density a bit low though?

paulimer

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
My 2011 setup :)

2011 server model quad core
Kingston 16g ram
LG IPS277L monitor
Creative speaker (forgot the model number)
Logitec C920 webcam

Attachments

• AX7B9531.jpg
    AX7B9531.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.