Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 3, 2013, 09:38 AM   #1
adamspoon
macrumors newbie

Large Keynote file won't transfer to iPad

Hi all
I'm having a major issue. I created a rather large Keynote presentation on my Mac Desktop. It is 5GB, mainy b/c there is alot of video in it. I need to transfer this file from my mac to an iPad. Actually, I need to be able to share the file with quite a few iPads. The file is way too big to email obviously. I've tried a few things.
1) The iTunes method where you Copy from iTunes by connecting the ipad to my computer. But when I do this, it basically loads the entire file on the ipad but then Keynote just closes and when I open it back up the file is not there. It is a 16gb ipad and it says it has 8gb of space left. Is my file too big?

2) The other method I tried was dropbox. But, once again when I tried to download the file on the iPad, it got about 3/4 of the way through then Dropbox gives me a message "unable to view file".

So I am thinking that the file is just too big for the ipad to handle? Is there any way of reducing a file thats so big? I did a test run with a keynote presentation that was just 5 slides with a couple pictures and it transferred over fine. Wish I could change a lot fo the presentation and remove some videos but the client already approved it and likes it. I just can not seem to find a way to get this presentation on to an iPad. Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you so much.

-Adam
adamspoon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 02:48 PM   #2
kage207
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamspoon View Post
Hi all
I'm having a major issue. I created a rather large Keynote presentation on my Mac Desktop. It is 5GB, mainy b/c there is alot of video in it. I need to transfer this file from my mac to an iPad. Actually, I need to be able to share the file with quite a few iPads. The file is way too big to email obviously. I've tried a few things.
1) The iTunes method where you Copy from iTunes by connecting the ipad to my computer. But when I do this, it basically loads the entire file on the ipad but then Keynote just closes and when I open it back up the file is not there. It is a 16gb ipad and it says it has 8gb of space left. Is my file too big?

2) The other method I tried was dropbox. But, once again when I tried to download the file on the iPad, it got about 3/4 of the way through then Dropbox gives me a message "unable to view file".

So I am thinking that the file is just too big for the ipad to handle? Is there any way of reducing a file thats so big? I did a test run with a keynote presentation that was just 5 slides with a couple pictures and it transferred over fine. Wish I could change a lot fo the presentation and remove some videos but the client already approved it and likes it. I just can not seem to find a way to get this presentation on to an iPad. Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you so much.

-Adam
Are the video formats in the file support the natural codecs of the iPad?

Go here:
http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/
It's under TV and Video.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting