Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdy4trvl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Is there software that will allow me to run iPhone applications on a Windows PC? I've struck out on my (brief) searches. Why would I want this software? I don't own an iPhone but have a couple ideas for applications (like the other 4 million people) and would simple like to review existing products.....and have no need (yet) for an iPhone.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
There is none. It would need to accurately re-implement all the Apple proprietary APIs as well as emulate the platform. Basically very unlikely to ever exist unless Apple want it to. It's worth noting that Apples own simulator for development on OSX only lets you run your own code, not production applications from the App Store. The reason for this is that it does not emulate the iPhone platform so cannot run the ARM compiled code.

StoneColdSober

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Is there software that will allow me to run iPhone applications on a Windows PC? I've struck out on my (brief) searches. Why would I want this software? I don't own an iPhone but have a couple ideas for applications (like the other 4 million people) and would simple like to review existing products.....and have no need (yet) for an iPhone.

I would suggest that if you are planning on developing software for the iPhone you should really get an iPhone as no computer interface will give you the true experience.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Also, you can only develop on a Mac, no SDK for Windows.

rdy4trvl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Although the world does not want me(!!) programming....I did search for a windows SDK and struck out (probably for the better). Thanks.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
IOS running on a Windows tablet... boy that would drive Ballmer boinkers. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.