Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Hmmm, thinking of biting the bullet, but I already have the first version. :confused:

I am such a sucker, I think I am going to give it a shot.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
This convinced me:

Feature Highlights:
- Fully redesigned - gesture based forum navigation
- Patent-pending contextual "Magic Wheel" provides super-quick access to all Tapatalk forum features such as Facebook / Twitter sharing, Thanks and Like, Discussion Subscription and more.
- New Camera with Instagram style filters, one click photo-sharing to forum members
- Tapatalk ID saves your favorite forums and settings under one account, works on multiple mobile platform
- New Editor - a joy to type on iPhone to participate discussion on the go.
- Made for iPhone 5
- Push Notification - stay up-to-dated of your discussions and private messages.
The more, the merrier!

Not.

I'm buying because the first app is pretty good, in my opinion, and because I got an iTunes gift card recently.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Have never used Tapatalk 1, but consider the new version. Can someone post screenshots of accessing Macrumors using the app? Like when viewing and replying to a thread.. :)

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Have never used Tapatalk 1, but consider the new version. Can someone post screenshots of accessing Macrumors using the app? Like when viewing and replying to a thread.. :)

Here are a couple of screenshots ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21357226976.410527.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21357227007.828766.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It appears to be improved on the first version. While not always thrilled to shell out money for v1 and v2 twice in the same month, such is life. Retrieving more threads seems to be better now as it seemed a bit inconsistent before to me. the overall look is better as well.
Before & After

ta2y3uju.jpg
usemyvy6.jpg

One thing though, modifying the post on the new version didn't seem to allow me to add a pic. I had to go to the old version to upload the two pics. That is something I don't like.

Note the lack of any image upload icon in the new version.

ha2a7u4y.jpg
ame9u8y7.jpg

Last edited:

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
View attachment 387677

It's not showing my screenshot thumbnails I just posted - HD version on my iPad is - hopefully will be fixed.

----------

Yes Jessica, image uploading seems a bit flaky, as is displaying them. I'm sure it'll get fixed pretty quick in this new version

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
View attachment 387677

It's not showing my screenshot thumbnails I just posted - HD version on my iPad is - hopefully will be fixed.

----------

Yes Jessica, image uploading seems a bit flaky, as is displaying them. I'm sure it'll get fixed pretty quick in this new version

I don't see your image either. My images are working perfectly from Tapatalk 1. Haven't uploaded from the new version yet. Never mind, I see your images in your post just not in your follow up post.
Anyway, it's nice but I do wish I could add an image to a post I'm editing. Unless I have completely missed it.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I don't see your image either. My images are working perfectly from Tapatalk 1. Haven't uploaded from the new version yet. Never mind, I see your images in your post just not in your follow up post.
Anyway, it's nice but I do wish I could add an image to a post I'm editing. Unless I have completely missed it.

Uploading this image both to test uploading via app and to point out that push notifications settings now apparently include subscribed topics regardless of whether or not you choose to receive related emails (seems like v1 push was based on email notifications you set up to receive, or at least that's what I gathered).

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21357227919.207742.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21357227919.207742.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 157

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Uploading this image both to test uploading via app and to point out that push notifications settings now apparently include subscribed topics regardless of whether or not you choose to receive related emails (seems like v1 push was based on email notifications you set up to receive, or at least that's what I gathered).

Except what happens when you edit a post? Can you add a pic? In v1 I can but not in v2, or at least it is not evident.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Except what happens when you edit a post? Can you add a pic? In v1 I can but not in v2, or at least it is not evident.

Can't do jack when you edit a post, apparently. I saw a "beta testers" thread on their support forum for v2 that had a number of willing participants but apparently none of them caught this, which is a rather large omission, in my opinion.

Thierry ba

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Sarajevo, Bosnia
Noticed bug, when I click top right corner "Mark forums as read" sometimes on refresh all posts appear again like i didnt do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Noticed bug, when I click top right corner "Mark forums as read" sometimes on refresh all posts appear again like i didnt do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It's a bug that the first one has as well. Or if you read a thread, then refresh, it'll show up again.

cant find it on my iphone's app store... weird

You need to type in "Tapatalk 2", I searched for Tapatalk and was shown the first version.

I'm still debating if I want to buy it or not. I have Tapatalk and it works just fine, don't see a need to upgrade. I just hope they don't upgrade the iPad version since I just bought it!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
That's the one I bought. I was talking about I hope they don't make Tapatalk HD 2

Oh sorry... that HD was actually a recent "upgrade" from Tapatalk iPad (universal) and I thought that was what you had.

Now we need some themes to get rid of that hideous orange in both the new apps. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.