Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 3, 2013, 09:15 AM   #1
leonbirdi
macrumors newbie

Music folder not accessible - red "flag" with minus sign

On my Mac Mini running OS X Server ML I have a strange problem:

I have set up iTunes with a local iTunes library. Works fine.

The I have made an alias of this folder so that my other computer (iMac running ML) can access the same folder. Worked fine.

Now I have two problems:

1. One day - out of the blue - the iMac would not allow iTunes to open unless iTunes was closed on the server. I am sure it is related to permissions, but after googling for days, I have no solution.

Next problem, which I need to solve first:

2. Just now, the "Music" folder on the server is unaccessible - there is a "minus" logo (red, white) and the folder is impossible to open.

Also I can't change permissions with the usual "get info" pane.

I have tried to delete and re-enter shares in server.app - no go.

I even tried to access the "music" folder from the finder pane - and I tried logging in as admin and user - no luck.

Also tried Disk Utility...

I'm a bit stuck - anyone?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 16.07.37 .png
Views:	55
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	387670  

Last edited by leonbirdi; Jan 3, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
leonbirdi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking