Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:56 PM   #26
BHP41
macrumors 6502a

Nope.
BHP41 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:17 PM   #27
kingdLo
macrumors regular

Got a week 39(September) today in a swap that is mint minus a very tiny scratch near the headphone jack.

My launch day arrived with no scratches but with dust in the screen. My 2nd one had nicks in a few spots out of the box. This 3rd one is the best so far.
kingdLo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:47 PM   #28
darster
macrumors 68000

Received my October 1st. Week 39. Perfecto. Flawless. Still flawless. No scratches, no dings, no screen protector, no case. WiFi perfect. LTE perfect. Never a dropped called. Mucho perfecto.
darster is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:58 PM   #29
jroz
macrumors newbie

I received a white one for Christmas that hasn't had any issues.
jroz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:05 PM   #30
kyussmondo
macrumors member

No issues with either my wife's iPhone or mine. I just had a Wi-Fi issue connecting to WPA2 networks, but that was an iOS issue fixed in 6.0.1.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:25 PM   #31
AGarc997
macrumors newbie

Not quite sure?

I ordered my iPhone 5 (black) from the Apple website, and was pretty anxious to receive it (took 1 month sigh). When I got the phone, I opened up the box and got the phone out. First thing I wanted to see was the back because is one of the biggest differences from my 4S. I noticed three little stain like smudges on the back. I just thought it was dirty, so I decided to wipe it away but no luck it came like that. I thought my OCD of scratches was going to torment me but luckily it didn't. Never returned it and still have the same one. Thanks Apple for the little moment of panick!
AGarc997 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:30 PM   #32
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by wx4olf View Post
Picked up a black 32GB today. No issues what so ever.
That's because Apple has stiffened it up with higher grade metals inside to prevent bending. They've also made some other rolling changes to rid it of the bugs earlier batches had.

All done quietly in typical Apple fashion, the only losers were those who bought early on. It's been like this for years, although the masters of denial will never acknowledge this practice. That's why Apples so successful. They fix their mistakes.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:34 PM   #33
JayLenochiniMac
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
That's because Apple has stiffened it up with higher grade metals inside to prevent bending.
Source?
JayLenochiniMac is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:35 PM   #34
Peterg2
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
That's because Apple has stiffened it up with higher grade metals inside to prevent bending. They've also made some other rolling changes to rid it of the bugs earlier batches had.

All done quietly in typical Apple fashion, the only losers were those who bought early on. It's been like this for years, although the masters of denial will never acknowledge this practice. That's why Apples so successful. They fix their mistakes.
Where is your source for all this "higher grade metals inside to prevent bending" etc etc. Clearly none, just your fervent imagination. How did they fix Antennagate during the life of the iPhone 4 GSM? Did they apply a coating to the antennae? No. Nothing was done to fix it.
Peterg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:42 PM   #35
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

I bought an iPhone 5 as a gift and it was perfect out of the box.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:57 PM   #36
docal97
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejaysyke View Post
I got a perfect week 45 iPhone 5 in black.

I examined the camera lens, the casing everything, not one scratch, not one dent. No dust under the screen/lens. No flaws on the physical device.

I haven't even ran into issues with IOS6. Everything works fast and super fluid.

I get 10-11 hours of battery life on heavy usage.

*knock on wood*
Could you explain how you achieve the battery life you have stated? I really haven't read of anyone getting this type of battery life and it seems to exceed even Apple's quotes, especially for 'heavy usage'.
docal97 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:04 PM   #37
CharlieBrandt09
macrumors 6502

Nope. Got two flawless 16GB black December builds two days ago.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:11 PM   #38
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLenochiniMac View Post
Source?
Read my post again. I specifically said no one will admit it. Remember the engineers and others have signed NDA's that if violated would terminate their employment.

On a more practical front, I can say this. Both my teenage daughters & those of my friends (all play on the same soccer team) are back pocket carrying iPhone 5 users. A rowdy group who's last priority is to worry about their phones'. Eight out of ten girls bent their originals. I got together with their dads & we agreed that they'd only be given feature phones as replacements.

Being good & accepting their consequences, after three months we decided to give them new iPhone 5's to enjoy on their holiday break from school.

Last week my daughter came to me confessing the habit caused her to sit on her second iPhone, yet she was elated that it didn't bend. Furthermore she proudly showed me the lack of deep scratches after it had been dropped a few times just like all her prior phones had. That's all the proof I need to believe they've been improved.

Not to mention what I cannot share due to the source

Suffice to say no matter what, I'm an exceedingly loyal Apple customer.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterg2 View Post
Clearly none, just your fervent imagination
On my, you are quick to assume you know it all. An interesting choice.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:17 PM   #39
JayLenochiniMac
macrumors 601

Quote:
Read my post again. I specifically said no one will admit it. Remember the engineers and others have signed NDA's that if violated would terminate their employment.

On a more practical front, I can say this. Both my teenage daughters & those of my friends (all play on the same soccer team) are back pocket carrying iPhone 5 users. A rowdy group who's last priority is to worry about their phones'. Eight out of ten girls bent their originals. I got together with their dads & we agreed that they'd only be given feature phones as replacements.

Being good & accepting their consequences, after three months we decided to give them new iPhone 5's to enjoy on their holiday break from school.

Last week my daughter came to me confessing the habit caused her to sit on her second iPhone, yet she was elated that it didn't bend. Furthermore she proudly showed me the lack of deep scratches after it had been dropped a few times just like all her prior phones had. That's all the proof I need to believe they've been improved.

Not to mention what I cannot share due to the source

Suffice to say no matter what, I'm an exceedingly loyal Apple customer.
Then refrain from making an unsubstantiated claim as if it's a fact and say instead "I suspect......" People will take you more seriously that way.

Several back-pocket carrying iPhone users I know haven't bend their launch day iPhone 5, so you have no idea if your daughter is simply more careful with her replacement iP5.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:21 PM   #40
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLenochiniMac View Post
Then refrain from making an unsubstantiated claim as if it's a fact and say instead "I suspect......" People will take you more seriously that way.

Several back-pocket carrying iPhone users I know haven't bend their launch day iPhone 5, so you have no idea if your daughter is simply more careful with her replacement iP5.
It's obvious you have control issues & no respect for others right to participate in good faith. Find someone else to tell what to do, you'll feel better.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:29 PM   #41
JayLenochiniMac
macrumors 601

Quote:
It's obvious you have control issues & no respect for others right to participate in good faith. Find someone else to tell what to do, you'll feel better.
Throwing around unsubstantiated claims as if they were facts are not participating in good faith and unfair to members here.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:33 PM   #42
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

+1 to JayLenochiniMac. Don't make claims in and present them as fact when you have no grounds to base them on other than your opinion and "experience". People will read your posts and take it as gospel and then start regurgitating it everywhere as fact.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:26 PM   #43
Asc3nsion
macrumors newbie

week of production?

How do you find out what week the phone was made? I really think it is going to be nearly impossible to get a blemish free iPhone 5. Pretty sad that the 3gs I bought was fine but the new bomb ace phone that I have been looking forward to for so long isn't!
Asc3nsion is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:32 PM   #44
Chris092881
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asc3nsion View Post
How do you find out what week the phone was made? I really think it is going to be nearly impossible to get a blemish free iPhone 5. Pretty sad that the 3gs I bought was fine but the new bomb ace phone that I have been looking forward to for so long isn't!
http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

Put the phones serial number in and it will tell you the week, factory, and other info.
Chris092881 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:52 PM   #45
aPple nErd
macrumors 65816

white iPhone since launch, been in a clear case... one very small mark on the aluminum back from out of the box

----------

btw, when would have been week 37?

----------

and would that have been a very early iphone 5?
aPple nErd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:08 AM   #46
daneoni
macrumors G4

If you're a nitpicker yes.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 02:36 AM   #47
moldy lunchbox
macrumors 6502

Mine is a week 45 black and it's flawless. I read countless threads before I purchased it so I made sure to open the box infront of the employee and inspect it thoroughly. Then I took it home and looked at it 10 more times, perfect. No problems.
moldy lunchbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 06:26 AM   #48
clyde2801
macrumors 601

No issues at all with my week 48 (December) 16gb black AT&T model purchased yesterday from BB.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:02 AM   #49
WAM2
macrumors 6502a

Week 48 iPhone 5 AT&T 16GB Slate. No Issues, at all.
iPhone 5S Space Grey AT&T 16GB
WAM2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 09:16 AM   #50
robrob74
macrumors member

2 white iPhone 5's purchased from AT&T store on release day, both flawless. Sold 1 of them due to crazy prices on eBay, then bought a black 16gb iPhone 5 from Best Buy a few weeks later, flawless, then 3 weeks after that I went back to Best Buy and exchanged the 16 for a 32 black iPhone 5, and this one was flawless as well. Guess I'm just lucky?
robrob74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone