Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
i want to not have to restore for backup on the new one but there are a few messages id like to have at least on my computer. Any way to do this?

Deedolito

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2010
Hope I'm getting you right.

Just copy the folder 'iChats' in your documents folder.

poppycao

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Any program on mac to transfer messages

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but I use iMacsoft iPhone SMS to Mac Transfer to transfer my SMS to Mac as a txt file(.txt file).If you want to learn more about it there's a step by step user guide on How to transfer or backup SMS from iPhone to Mac
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to Mac
Step 2: Click "SMS" icon in the iPhone list. Several minutes later, all messages in iPhone are displayed in the interface.
Step 3: Check and find out the SMS you want to transfer, then click "Export the checked to local" button. Immediately, you can look through all iPhone SMS you transfer as .txt format in the Mac desktop.
That's all.

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
iExplore. It also gives you the option of exporting to a txt or PDF file, pretty cool. You can also export every MMS photo someone has ever sent you into individual folders.

Mcke

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2013
Hi
I just did a quick Google search. Well, there are few software programs availbale to transfer iPhone SMS to computer as a text or pdf format, such as iPhone messages transfer, copytrans etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.