Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:51 PM   #1
alec6542
macrumors regular

Telling spotlight to activate via AppleScript

Hi guys,

My ultimate goal is setup a hotkey so that when I press command twice it activates spotlight. I have Alfred's powerpack, which has a nice feature where you can create your own hotkeys and assign them to do certain things, including opening applications and running applescripts. Hitting command is a hotkey that Alfred supports, but, as far as I can tell, there is no "Spotlight.app" that I can simply assign a hotkey to open. So my only option is to construct a simple applescript that does it. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Alec
alec6542 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:21 PM   #2
NovaScotian
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec6542 View Post
Hi guys,

My ultimate goal is setup a hotkey so that when I press command twice it activates spotlight. I have Alfred's powerpack, which has a nice feature where you can create your own hotkeys and assign them to do certain things, including opening applications and running applescripts. Hitting command is a hotkey that Alfred supports, but, as far as I can tell, there is no "Spotlight.app" that I can simply assign a hotkey to open. So my only option is to construct a simple applescript that does it. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Alec
Spotlight has a system preference pane in which you can set a hot key to open it.
NovaScotian is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming