Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:52 PM   #1
Tri-stan
macrumors 6502

iMac Candy Apples!!

Speculation that Apple is weakening its concept of the iMac and its original base market the educational sector. Apple's iMac range has become a Candy Apple!

My experience of Apple so far coming from the original educational target market standpoint has been poor. I don't think I am any longer a target market at all. Instead Apples eye is now firmly fixed on the social networking culture who is easily enticed by any sort of advertising hype and only needs to use a computer for petty tasks.

Having gone to the Apple store twice now to check out the iMac and both times coming back disappointed with the screen's so called Vivid, true-to-life color every time. In reality all of the shadow detail is completely missing and the grays are lost completely. This is on Apple's headline 27" iMac which is proudly on display in the store. This is not a rant about the iMac but one about what Apple is doing to it!

How can they put that iMac monitor on display in a Apple store like this? I can tell you why

You just have to see the people coming in to the store to look at these machines to gauge what is going on. As long as the colors are sharp, vibrant, and the blacks are deep, the screen white they are happy. PMF It doesn't mater if their is a problem with the Apple stock, this s*it sells anyway. I swear every other person that came to look at the iMacs while I was in the store was coming in to check out how thin it is.

Expressions like "ohhh it really is thin" & "it has a gigabyte hdd" & "ohh megahertz" & "touch pad not good, I would use mighty mouse" I mean come on.. it is like being in a candy store or something.

I suppose they advertise these machines in such a way a bit like a Candy Apple. This helps them to drive the profits sky high, they don't care for the minority base user. I just want a sexy machine which functions for a propose and a real use other than facebook culture. No more black boxes please, Apple is loosing the Concept here! Where is you base market gone?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 01:46 PM   #2
AT06
macrumors 6502

I stopped reading half way through because your argument was less than coherent to say the least.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 01:49 PM   #3
sounddesigner
macrumors regular

I think every company tries to make attractive machines... Plus have u noticed that hp put beats audio into their machines so people will say ooh beats audio...
sounddesigner is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland