Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 3, 2013, 02:36 PM   #1
inket
macrumors regular

Fix for Windows 8 freeze on certain MacBook Pros

So, my 2009 MBP froze a lot on Windows 8 for no apparent reason and I couldn't find any solution on these forums so I'm sharing this with you:

If your MBP freezes with Windows 8, open the command prompt as administrator and type:

Code:
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
Then, restart.

That fixed it for me. I think the issue is limited to MBPs with Core 2 Duo processors, by the way.

Source: http://www.withinwindows.com/2012/06...eezing-issues/ (It says there's a hotfix but it doesn't seem to be working for me [RTM full updated])
inket is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 04:09 PM   #2
Quad5Ny
macrumors 6502a

This is very interesting. My PC (also a Core2) actually had freezing issues in the RC build. I might try this.

Thank-you inket!
Quad5Ny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 05:00 PM   #3
inket
macrumors regular

Glad to help! I know how frustrating it can be.
inket is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:52 PM   #4
ayeying
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to ayeying
I noticed that I don't have a freezing issue but my keyboard doesn't work, internal or external. I can't use windows 8 because of that.
ayeying is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Tekk
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inket View Post
So, my 2009 MBP froze a lot on Windows 8 for no apparent reason and I couldn't find any solution on these forums so I'm sharing this with you:

If your MBP freezes with Windows 8, open the command prompt as administrator and type:

Code:
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
Then, restart.

That fixed it for me. I think the issue is limited to MBPs with Core 2 Duo processors, by the way.

Source: http://www.withinwindows.com/2012/06...eezing-issues/ (It says there's a hotfix but it doesn't seem to be working for me [RTM full updated])
Thanks for the info, I hope this works.

I had no problems until recently. I installed a new SSD into the mac mini and reinstalled Mac OS 10.8 with boot camp Win 8 and Win 8 has been freezing constantly.
This is the first actual fix I've found but i think/hope it will work
Tekk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Tags
freeze, macbook pro, windows 8