Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jan 3, 2013, 02:41 PM   #1
neopan
macrumors newbie

Mouse clicks don't register when macbook air lid is closed

At first I thought it was an issue with my mouse...However the problem persists even getting a new mouse. I have noticed that sometimes mouse clicks/hovers/scroll stops working when the lid of my 13'' macbook air from 2011 is closed. My fix so far is to open up the lid, and for some reason, everything works perfectly. Anyone else run into the same problem? After a few google searches, still yields me fruitless.

Thanks!
neopan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 03:06 PM   #2
kage207
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopan View Post
At first I thought it was an issue with my mouse...However the problem persists even getting a new mouse. I have noticed that sometimes mouse clicks/hovers/scroll stops working when the lid of my 13'' macbook air from 2011 is closed. My fix so far is to open up the lid, and for some reason, everything works perfectly. Anyone else run into the same problem? After a few google searches, still yields me fruitless.

Thanks!
Because your computer sleeps when you close the lid?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 03:55 PM   #3
alphaod
macrumors Core

Perhaps check that nothing is pressing against the trackpad or the keyboard. If the keyboard is pressed or the touchpad is clicked, then you won't be able to click, scroll, etc.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 04:13 PM   #4
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Because lid close = forced sleep.

To prevent this u have to run in clamshell mode via a third party software.
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:10 AM   #5
wolfpuppies3
macrumors 6502

You need no third party software. Just plug in the external monitor. I use mine that way daily with a bluetooth keyboard, track pad, and magic mouse. Works fine.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:42 AM   #6
neopan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpuppies3 View Post
You need no third party software. Just plug in the external monitor. I use mine that way daily with a bluetooth keyboard, track pad, and magic mouse. Works fine.
This is the case for me i would say 90% of the time, but every now and then it just stops working...I've tried making sure that nothing is pressed up against the trackpad. This issue started happening i would say when it started getting real cold here in Canada. I'm starting to think if its possible that its the static buildup on the screen. When closed, the trackpad thinks theres contact with the LCD. I'm gonna wipe down my screen with some anti static wipes, and see if that solves the problem.
neopan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:26 PM   #7
Darth.Titan
macrumors 68020

Is there still a setting in System Preferences along the lines of "Ignore trackpad when mouse is connected"?
Darth.Titan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air