Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jan 2, 2013, 07:59 AM   #1
andypwill
macrumors newbie

iCloud problems

i have all my pictures stored in iPhoto and my music stored in itunes on my mac.ive just purchased an iPad and tried to set up iCloud I've set up photo stream and it seems my pictures are taking up space on my iPad which defeats the object of iCloud. also my music is being downloaded to my ipad and taking up space.the only thing that seems to be in the cloud are my bookmarks.what is the saying about iCloud 'IT JUST WORKS' can someone please help what am i doing wrong.
andypwill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2
whsbuss
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypwill View Post
i have all my pictures stored in iPhoto and my music stored in itunes on my mac.ive just purchased an iPad and tried to set up iCloud I've set up photo stream and it seems my pictures are taking up space on my iPad which defeats the object of iCloud. also my music is being downloaded to my ipad and taking up space.the only thing that seems to be in the cloud are my bookmarks.what is the saying about iCloud 'IT JUST WORKS' can someone please help what am i doing wrong.
What you are missing is if your stuff was only in the cloud, you would have no access to it without wifi/4g. Tough listening to music on an airplane if it was only on iCloud.
whsbuss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:41 PM   #3
andypwill
macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply whsbuss if that is the case and everything in the cloud takes up space on my device then what is the point of iCloud i might as well just download everything to my iPad and not use iCloud. thanks again mate.
andypwill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 04:01 PM   #4
whsbuss
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypwill View Post
thanks for the reply whsbuss if that is the case and everything in the cloud takes up space on my device then what is the point of iCloud i might as well just download everything to my iPad and not use iCloud. thanks again mate.
True, but the main advantage for the Cloud is to sync all data across all of your devices.
whsbuss is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services