Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
How many times have you gone to an Apple Store looking for a 27"?
This morning makes my 3rd trip to two different stores each(6 total), with maybe one more trip today after I call since one of them is expecting a shipment to come in soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ambush083

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
Hawaii
How many times have you gone to an Apple Store looking for a 27"?
This morning makes my 3rd trip to two different stores each(6 total), with maybe one more trip today after I call since one of them is expecting a shipment to come in soon.

Well, I personally would never buy a base model and I don't see Apple stocking anything more than that in store. I'm told the HD speeds are horrindous on the base models. Minimal of a fusion drive is needed. I'll go that route even though I usually use SSD's these days. I think it's a decent technology based on the reviews I've read, but this technology has been out for a while just not called 'Fusion'.

Anyway, I have gone to the Apple store and not seen any regardless. Funny thing is if you try to buy online it says shipping January, but no date. This message appeared in December though. On the phone now since Bill Me Later isn't working. Awesome! Anyway this reply is unrelated perhaps, but who doesn't enjoy a bit of chit chat? Hell I didn't even know what the thread was about until I came in here.

Anywho, I think everyone agrees this is one of the nicest iMacs yet and would be the reason for it being limited. Definitely would warn anyone getting RAM through Apple to hold off. You can get 32gb of RAM that matches the type Apple sells as far as performance for a helluva lot cheaper. Say $170 or so versus $600. Yeah...

This is the RAM I was looking at. $80.99 for 2 x 8gb. A set of 2 of these bad boys should do the job. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still right in my own mind though. :p
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Venge...=1356117697&sr=8-4&keywords=corsair+16gb+ddr3

Last edited:

Calipad

Suspended
Mar 16, 2012
Well I just picked up a Loaded iMac 27" with fusion drive at my local Apple store so there is hope :)

sounddesigner

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
I have been calling them but one of the times I went in I was told that they will have 27" w/ 1tb fusion i7 processor 680mx and 8Gb ram that's the one I keep trying to find call everyday in hopes they will come in

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
I originally wanted a 3TB Fusion but at this point I'm willing to settle for a 1TB Fusion(only because of the free financing expires in about two weeks). So we both are looking for the same one.
I have been calling them but one of the times I went in I was told that they will have 27" w/ 1tb fusion i7 processor 680mx and 8Gb ram that's the one I keep trying to find call everyday in hopes they will come in

Majh

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
PA, USA
only because of the free financing expires in about two weeks

I assume you're referring to the Barclay card free financing. If you have placed your order but have not been charged due to processing, call them and they can extend the free financing period beyond the standard 30 days.

As far as the in store availability of the 27" iMacs go, I guess it really depends. I stopped by the Apple Store closest to where I live (there are 3 or 4 within about 20 minutes) to see if they had anything beyond the base models. To my surprise they had several with the 3.4 i7 and even one with the 3.4 i7, 1TB Fusion, and 680MX.

Nearly purchased it and canceled the iMac I ordered back on December 11th, but figured I've waited long enough and a few more weeks wont matter. I need the 3TB capacity unfortunately.

Blkant

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2012
Well I just picked up a Loaded iMac 27" with fusion drive at my local Apple store so there is hope :)

What location? When? o_O I've been told it should be in my local store shortly, but I'm too ashamed to call every day. -_

vhp3

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
What location? When? o_O I've been told it should be in my local store shortly, but I'm too ashamed to call every day. -_

Don't be ashamed! Keep on trying. Answering the phone is part of their job responsibility. This is how I found mine.

fossen

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
I didn't call yesterday ... just was told yesterday is when they had a shipment in stock. :eek:

Calipad

Suspended
Mar 16, 2012

Don't be ashamed! I call everyday and introduced myself to the Manager :) I got mine today (I am typing on it now) at The Grove in Los Angeles and Sherman Oaks had some too.

Hope this helps.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
I assume you're referring to the Barclay card free financing. If you have placed your order but have not been charged due to processing, call them and they can extend the free financing period beyond the standard 30 days.

Yes sorry that is what I was referring to. Thank you for the tip, I'll call them and get it settled before I order.

clstroud

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Just wanted to give this a bump to see if anyone else has had any luck? I ordered while I was out of town (no Apple Store there) and am still stuck in "processing" land.

The model I ordered was the same 3.4 i7/1TB Fusion Drive/8GB RAM/680MX 2GB that a lot of others seem to be wanting, however it looks like a few people were able to get this configuration in store? I'd rather cancel my order and do that if possible, instead of waiting several weeks.

For those of you that had success, how "big" is your Apple Store? There are two in my area but I presume that bigger stores get more configurations in stock sooner.

Calipad

Suspended
Mar 16, 2012
Just wanted to give this a bump to see if anyone else has had any luck? I ordered while I was out of town (no Apple Store there) and am still stuck in "processing" land.

The model I ordered was the same 3.4 i7/1TB Fusion Drive/8GB RAM/680MX 2GB that a lot of others seem to be wanting, however it looks like a few people were able to get this configuration in store? I'd rather cancel my order and do that if possible, instead of waiting several weeks.

For those of you that had success, how "big" is your Apple Store? There are two in my area but I presume that bigger stores get more configurations in stock sooner.

I did get mine (the setup you are looking for) at the larger store in my area but I was at the smaller store yesterday (the smallest of all the Apple Stores) and they had them in stock.

Just keep calling or if you have a business call the Business Reps at the store and see if they can help you.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I'll be stopping by one of my local Apple stores in about an hour and I'll see what they have to say.
I've never seen an i7 iMac/higher end graphics model in stock in our stores. Usually the $1,999 base model has been the highest end version I've seen for sale in the store.

... but we have 5 Apple stores around the metroplex, maybe one of them stocks an i7 680MX which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Calipad

Suspended
Mar 16, 2012
I'll be stopping by one of my local Apple stores in about an hour and I'll see what they have to say.
I've never seen an i7 iMac/higher end graphics model in stock in our stores. Usually the $1,999 base model has been the highest end version I've seen for sale in the store.

... but we have 5 Apple stores around the metroplex, maybe one of them stocks an i7 680MX which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Call all of them before you go out. I would be surprised if you didn't find it. I did get the 27", 1TB fusion, 680MX for $2599 at the store.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Store by me had the "High end" 27" in stock. I want the base with 1TB fusion so I guess I continue to wait for my order to ship. Also got 32 GB of OWC memory on order.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
I've still been calling, I seriously doubt the reps are even looking as I get a quick "NO." when I call. We have two Apple Stores around me and one 100 miles away, the one 100 miles away are the nicest when I call.

Calipad

Suspended
Mar 16, 2012
I've still been calling, I seriously doubt the reps are even looking as I get a quick "NO." when I call. We have two Apple Stores around me and one 100 miles away, the one 100 miles away are the nicest when I call.

Do you work for a business or own one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.