Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
It looks like anyone who wants to get an iPhone 5 would be better served at this point to wait for the 5S/6 in a few short months. The possibility of different colors, display sizes, better displays, NFC, better camera and who knows what else is just too much to ignore. I know these are just rumors, but last year at this time there was a rumor that there would be two iPads released in 2012.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Many would argue that games are one of the most "normal" things you can do with an iDevice. What's "normal" for you, may not be for someone else. As a matter of fact, my 9 year old son and my 10 year old daughter each have an iPod Touch. They "normally" use it to play games and rarely use the other features.

Well....do they have this issue?

Seeing responses from people that play video games that don't have issues.

tuyylihk

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
If you play Fruit Ninja, then it *is* normal usage.

----------

?

But it doesn't say that. It says, very specifically, what this particular new technology is.
I know what the issue is (tried myself).
But I can't feel any problem with Fruit Ninja on my iPhone5 and I can still got 1k+ in arcade mode:cool:
You don't need "that" fast or may be you are likely to have lower score?

For the Infinite Blade...
Well I don't play it on iPhone (Of course on iPad). So I have no comment here.
But I can't feel the chopping is faster in gaming when I have a more faster move.

So the only possible reason we need "that" fast is gaming.
But still I can't find any gaming which can have any benefit with "that" fast.
This is a bug which need to fix, sure. But seems this fast moving is not that normal usage.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
If you play Fruit Ninja, then it *is* normal usage.

----------

True,

But even the fruit ninga players are saying they don't have an issue.

So, my original point was about how many people are actually having the issues that where reported.

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
Many would argue that games are one of the most "normal" things you can do with an iDevice. What's "normal" for you, may not be for someone else. As a matter of fact, my 9 year old son and my 10 year old daughter each have an iPod Touch. They "normally" use it to play games and rarely use the other features.
He was referring to a normal usage for a grown adult.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
He was referring to a normal usage for a grown adult.

You assume that games are not "normal" for adult on iOS. Most video games in general on any platform are played by adults these days. The whole "video games are just for kids" thing happened in the 80's and died in the 90's.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
I don't have "fast-swipe" issue with my iPhone 5; however, I have had issues with screen not responding when connected to the charger.

This is caused by a third party charger which does not function as well as it should. Prolonged use could damage your phone.

louis.b

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2012
Sydney
It looks like anyone who wants to get an iPhone 5 would be better served at this point to wait for the 5S/6 in a few short months. The possibility of different colors, display sizes, better displays, NFC, better camera and who knows what else is just too much to ignore. I know these are just rumors, but last year at this time there was a rumor that there would be two iPads released in 2012.

I think you have also factored out the rumoured 6months' wait.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
My iPhone 5 display works great.. Don't know what problems they are referring to..

In some cases the touch screen is a little tough and users have to tap hard to get it to work, I myself had one of those, but then Apple replaced it and the new one is working fine. I was tapping on buttons and nothing was happening, until I did it very slowly, but it can be annoying.

Replacing the entire screen? I am not sure if that is it or maybe the oleophobic coating is the issue?

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
You assume that games are not "normal" for adult on iOS. Most video games in general on any platform are played by adults these days. The whole "video games are just for kids" thing happened in the 80's and died in the 90's.

We were speaking about different meanings of 'normal' )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.