Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Traderalways
macrumors member

Swapping phones

I want to change 2 phones on my account... I want to swap my iPhone 5 phone number with my iPhone 4s phone number... I know Verizon will have to give me a new sim card for my iPhone 5... Once the sims are changed is everything gone on my iPhone 5??
Traderalways is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 09:13 PM   #2
itoshiineko
macrumors newbie

Just goes to show I've been out of the phone business too long. Sorry for the wrong info.

Last edited by itoshiineko; Jan 3, 2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Add more info
itoshiineko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 09:31 PM   #3
DerekRod
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoshiineko View Post
Verizon doesn't use SIM cards. You'll need a 3rd phone without a number on it. You take the extra phone and activate it with the number on the iPhone 4. Now that the iPhone 4 has no number on it, you activate it with the number on the iPhone 5. Then you activate the iPhone 5 with the number you had taken off the iPhone 4 and put on the extra phone. And your phones are then switched. Clear as mud?
Or Verizon can do it for you. But there are no SIM cards involved. You'll have to back your phone up in iTunes or iCloud and reset them then restore them after the switch.
Your wrong the iPhone 5 has LTE therefore it DOES use a sim
DerekRod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:05 AM   #4
webwbr
macrumors member

My I hijack this thread for a question about my own swapping needs?

Right now I swap (daily) between an iPhone 4s and a Samsung Galaxy S3 (for work I need to test NFC on register systems at retailers). If I upgrade to an iPhone 5, it has a nano sim so I would need to cut down my current sim for the the iPhone 5 and use an micro adapter to put it back in the SGS3. Is that correct assumption of a workable solution?
webwbr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone