Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:06 PM   #1
alyehs
macrumors newbie

Help on what program to backup my Mac?

I'm really confused about backing up files to an external hard drive, I have a Mac, and when I connect my external hard drive to the computer it tells me if I want to backup my Mac with Time Machine, but I don't know what it's the best thing to do.

I want to use my external hard drive like an usb. I don't want to backup all my Mac, but a bunch of videos that I'm scared to lose if my Mac chrases someday. How should I backup it? Is there a way to just selectively drag the files into the external hard drive (Like an USB). I tried by opening the file of the external hard drive and dragging the videos to the drive but it doesn't work.

Also, what I may have to do is backup the videos and delete them from my Mac afterwards... (it takes up almost all my space).

I'm sorry, I'm just very confused about everything.

I was searching on how to manually just drag my files to the Hard Drive and found out that the reason I cant drag the files is because the Hard Drive is formatted NTFS (which means you can't add files to it from your mac.) what can I do?

Last edited by alyehs; Jan 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: New details
alyehs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help